Misc Trucks

BKrois

Some great pictures on this thread, thought I could add a couple Reo's from the Walcott truckers jamboree. The

maroon one with the bull rack is still used. Seen it a couple times out on the big road. Definitely an eye catcher.

Neat pictures! there was a good article about the one with dual engines in Wheels Of Time a few years back...............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

An odd-ball, and an odd (cannon) ball. The Marmon was a truck I took in trade on a new Mack years ago, and the GMC belonged to a local guy, Henry Klienfelter.

Henry had several interesting trucks, he also had a twin-turbo V8 F model, and a Diamond Reo

Shiny paint is way over-rated!

Always liked that model Marmon,thought they were a good looking truck..................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another survivor picture taken at Penn Equipment sale, Pottsville Pa.

Dave,

Any idea what the WR brought or where it went? It looks like a pretty nice truck. I had a WR tow truck that I sold to a guy in Indiana.

Mike

Dave,

Any idea what the WR brought or where it went? It looks like a pretty nice truck. I had a WR tow truck that I sold to a guy in Indiana.

Mike

I don't know my Dodge models, but if you're talking about the Bazley truck, Roger Gerhart bought it at the sale, and then sold it to Tom Oehme. As far as I know, he still has it. So the story goes that J. Robert used that truck only to haul coal to his home. It had very low miles, and is very nice.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Cool ramp rod. I had an original 48 Ford F-6? cabover that had 48,000 original miles. It had a 4 speed with a vacuum 2 speed rear on the dash. It was in a barn in Newton NJ where we were logging years ago in the early eighties. I had no place to restore it. It was in perfect shape and ran good. I sold it to a guy who made it into a ramp rod for his 3 window hot rod.

• 4 weeks later...

This Diamond Reo Giant with a Duetz Air Cooled Diesel engine was at Macungie

attachicon.gifIMG_4365.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4078.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4077.JPG

When he had the hold open I was really scratching my head! I'd never seen anything like that. It was a strange looking twin turbo and individual head motor. Finally made out the ID tag on top of the motor that said Duetz

Deutz produces superb air- and water-cooled engines, but aside from the 2013 series, in terms of NVH, I think they are best suited to construction machinery.

The engines in the Osterlund-built Diamond Reo "Giants" were 12.8 liter BF8L513 twin-turbo air-cooled V-8s rated from 280 to 330 horsepower.

Note: GMC had offered the air-cooled BF6L913 in their medium duty trucks.

post-5381-0-71729300-1371434530.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1