285 Tip Turbine Looking For Jake !

The old 237 ready to be replaced. I got another year out of it, was burning 1 gal of oil a day, it's now up to almost 2 gals. Thirty three years and never been apart. What a testament to QUALITY!!!!. I have a 285 tip Turbine for the old steel nose. Motor was Petigreed by Mack in 1994. Dropped the oil pan, rods & mains look like they just come out of the box.

Any how I would love to put a jake on it while doing the engine swap. However, Two Valve Jakes seem to be impossible to find here in Massachusetts. Wondering if anyone know of a line on one? Used Perfered but New is an option.

Also wondering about the offset parts neccessary for air duct to clear the valve covers when the jake is installed?

Any help/Info would be greatly Appeciated!

The old 237 ready to be replaced. I got another year out of it, was burning 1 gal of oil a day, it's now up to almost 2 gals. Thirty three years and never been apart. What a testament to QUALITY!!!!. I have a 285 tip Turbine for the old steel nose. Motor was Petigreed by Mack in 1994. Dropped the oil pan, rods & mains look like they just come out of the box.

Any how I would love to put a jake on it while doing the engine swap. However, Two Valve Jakes seem to be impossible to find here in Massachusetts. Wondering if anyone know of a line on one? Used Perfered but New is an option.

Also wondering about the offset parts neccessary for air duct to clear the valve covers when the jake is installed?

Any help/Info would be greatly Appeciated!

How you goin mate? Your RD looks great. Why are they called an RD? Here in Australia they are just an R. Mine is an R615RS, the R meaning right hand drive and the S is for a 6 wheel tractor. I havent got mine to the stage in your photos, but its coming together slowly. Did you split the chassis rails on yours? :mack1:

How you goin mate? Your RD looks great. Why are they called an RD? Here in Australia they are just an R. Mine is an R615RS, the R meaning right hand drive and the S is for a 6 wheel tractor. I havent got mine to the stage in your photos, but its coming together slowly. Did you split the chassis rails on yours? :mack1:
I believe, and I'm sure other will set me straight if i'm wrong, that The D in RD at least on the older models denoted a heavier speced truck. Double frame, heavy rear and front axles, steel bumpers etc. Thanks for the compliments, I take alot of pride in the old girl! Don't let those Pics fool you, there is plenty of rust/ rot I need to adress. Hoped to pick away at it, but the truck has been alot busier than I ever anticipated, nad havent had time. Maybe this winter. Edited by 37blackwood

hi blackwood thats a nice steel nose you got there i have a dm with a 235hp your pics motivate me to keep working on my truck, soon i"ll up load my pictures haven"t been able because of surgery but soon i"ll be working again good luck and keep it that way
Don't Blame me when your $20 gand deep restoring your DM! Just joking! Hope you will be back at it soon. MY Photos don't show the rust/ rot on the cab I haven't got to fix yet.