How about some Macks from Vermont?

Troy's old Aerialscope is a former FDNY truck; don't know what companies it served. Maybe Bubba can fix it up and Coventry can put it into service as its

first ladder truck.

bulldogboy

Wow learn something new everyday. Pretty cool that Troy's truck came from NYC. Our town FD was just approved on town meeting day. Would be a nice piece to start with.

I think it was a great idea using an old DMM to make a hauler out of it. Would like to see some pics. of your Oh Deere!

I agreeTim! Like the idea. Here is the Oh Deere 400D...Unit # 9160 post-510-0-67936100-1363745921_thumb.jpg & the pre-production 460E I got to demo last year post-510-0-80525700-1363746050_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

It was alright,but had a real trans malfunction that the rep said was the common complaint that would be fixed before production (good idea).Had plenty of power,but would not let you start in 1st gear.it would only start in 2nd,then abruptly downshift to 1st! BANG!! I thought I was going to rip the trans out of it! The rep said "go ahead,kill it if you want".WTF? Had bin (dump box) position sensor issues also,that would not alllow the box to raise on LEVEL ground (had the same problems with the 400D when we got them).All in all a BEAST!.I could see with it "all dialed in",it would be a great addition to any earthmoving operation!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I noticed when I unloaded both the ones I hauled when put in drive or low it would take off in 2nd. COuld not get it to down shift. I wasn't the most comfortable with them as It has been a long time since I had driven one and it just felt odd.2 mins isn't enough time to get use to them. Think they are putting to much saftey in them for there own good. Not level hell you can dump pretty uneven before you have problems.

I noticed when I unloaded both the ones I hauled when put in drive or low it would take off in 2nd. COuld not get it to down shift. I wasn't the most comfortable with them as It has been a long time since I had driven one and it just felt odd.2 mins isn't enough time to get use to them. Think they are putting to much saftey in them for there own good. Not level hell you can dump pretty uneven before you have problems.

10-4 on too much safety sh_t! I got a brand new Volvo A 40D in '07 that I really didn't want to give up (when these Deeres showed up),but the boss's brother-in-law just had to have it.The Deere isn't the worst one out there.I do like the suspension better.But,all in all,Volvo has been in the ADT business a long time(since 1964),there just seems to be less B.S. with them (I think they got that from :mack1: ),at least with '07 model I ran.

I've always heard Terex and Volvo for Adt. I was never impressed with Cat but thats all I've ran. They just never really seemed to have alot of ass. Don't get me wrong they got the job done. I layed the D30 over. All day I was hauling ass and going over a ump crooked the last load it decided to take a bad bounce and flop. I got bitched at and threatened a write up but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to get out there and run a new one for a day on a good haul road where you can really get rolling.

Wow learn something new everyday. Pretty cool that Troy's truck came from NYC. Our town FD was just approved on town meeting day. Would be a nice piece to start with.

Yes, I heard that the F.D. passed by a few votes. Do they have any fire trucks picked out yet?

bulldogboy

Jim, I just gave you one....hope it helps! :)

Unfortunately, they're non-transferable. Thanks anyway!

Rob, from last spring Interstate 91 north bound. Backing up for our second run. Casella has a lot of Macks and was able to catch that one in our package.

When I first saw that pic, I thought you were.......nevermind. The point is that I'm a dumbass.

• Like 1

Jim

you can tel the FDNY tower ladders from others by the way the cabline in the jump seat area goes strait down and is not angled.

Local 282 Union Service

you can tel the FDNY tower ladders from others by the way the cabline in the jump seat area goes strait down and is not angled.

Is that because they removed the enclosed jump seat doors?

It is good Rob but goes down to easy. I kinda like my Long Trail Black berry Wheat made hear in Vermont.

My vote is for Long Trail IPA!

bulldogboy