Even Volvo would rather have a Mack

I spotted one of those critters yesterday at the local Mack dealer....CX tractor pulling a landall trailer. I was gonna post the pic and make a poll out of it since I'm not sure what to think....but no need for duplicate threads.

1) Sacreligeous

2) Oughtta be a law against it

3) At least they know who makes the better truck

4) Better than a V*lv* running around with Mack lettering

Well, that was my progression of thought on the matter....from my gut reaction to seeing it up through thinking about it a little bit.

post-1673-0-10029700-1363883786_thumb.jp

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

So i was just watching this video on youtube and i noticed when ever they showed the computer screen the customer was "Global Fleet of Volvo". Video about MACK from MACK but still has volvo in it. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAfnuTdj7GU

No surprise there. Mack is now a Volvo brand, a Swedish truck by definition of ownership.

This is a typical Volvo ad. Note how the gentleman never identifies himself nor his position. He's just an advertising company employee.

In the days of Mack Trucks, a gentleman would speak with credibility, something like this:

"Hello! My name is Terry Warmkessel and I'm the product planning director at Mack Trucks"

He told you his name and his position in the company, and you could feel that Terry knew what he was talking about.

You immediately sensed that he was not only a truck person, but a passionate Mack truck person.

To the truck buyer, he had integrity and was believable. He was a hands-on real world person within Mack trucks and you had no doubt about that. By the end of his promotion, he'd gained your respect and you knew that you could confidently weigh his comments in making your truck buying decision.

The inclusion of "Global Fleet of Volvo" is no accident. That's a Swedish pride jab, a subtle reminder that Mack now is merely a Volvo Group brand name. My background, from the US to the global market, has allowed me a much broader perspective on Volvo (and the other European truckmakers). Volvo's core allegiance is to Sweden (which is to be expected). Volvo's just in the U.S. for the money, and to get market share towards their dream of being the global no. 1. They don't care about Mack or America. The Mack name is just serving a purpose (for now anyway) towards their goals.