I need those mudflaps thunder dog, I got the next version back on mine but those are correct for my 85.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That's a really sweet machine, thunderdog!

But from what I read that Magnum thing was introduced in late eigties (=Superliner II), and the paint job, black with stripes, was part of the package.

The cool thing - I'm trying to model a truck looking a lot like your machine - Superliner I, with long flattop sleeper - please check out my build thread:

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/19052-mack-rw-superliner-scale-model/

Thanks for sharing, have a nice day

Paweł

All Magnums were Black with the stripe package, Red level IV interior, Magnum Mudflaps, Magnum rear air brake chambers and other options with exhaust and misc. There were a total of 250 Magnums made, 184 Superliners and 64 Ultraliners. I will look for the feature/option list when I get the chance.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

All Magnums were Black with the stripe package, Red level IV interior, Magnum Mudflaps, Magnum rear air brake chambers and other options with exhaust and misc. There were a total of 250 Magnums made, 184 Superliners and 64 Ultraliners. I will look for the feature/option list when I get the chance.

that doesn't add up to 250

Doug, I thought I have seen a white Superliner Magnum at Macungie. Unless they just stuck the decals on it. I know it was parked with the others.

Magnums were a limited edition of 250 units around 1985/86 timeframe. All were 613 frames with E9's in all HP ratings coupled to T2090 trans. Also fitted with level 4 interiors with Magnum embossed on the seatbacks and Black paint with Magnum graphics. The white one at Macungie was also black. Belonged to Weaver in Ephrata who used to pull dump trailer for Star Carriers.

Edited by Moosejockey

The split was 186 Super-Liner II (RW 613) and 64 Ultra-Liner (MH 613). They were used as a special promotion to introduce the Super-Liner II, Family 10 E9 V8, and T2090 transmission. The entire production was sold out before the production run began. They were all model year 1985- ordered in late 1984 and early 1985 for delivery in 1985. (there were 26 made with the 1070B transmission for deleviery in Canada)

MackTucks4 - send me the last 4 of the VIN (PM) and your email and I can check the database for to see if it was built as a Magnum.

The white Magnum belongs to Chris Lee in Maryland. It was built as a Magnum. Chris chose to interpret his truck in his own way when he restored it.

I have an article written for Double Clutch magazine on the Magnum's schduled for publication late this summer.

Sorry for the math error, 186 and 64. Phildirt is the Guru on Magnum Mack Trucks. He has all the info for Magnums and he beat me to the computer and put the correct info in.

Chris Lee's is a Magnum and he wanted to make it stand out and he threw his own twist on the restoration. It certainly is eye catching.

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org