RFCDrum

Autocars

12 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Hope it does get restored or at least some really good preservation.  Ed seems to stay busy with his sand piles and track.

I'm not on L.I. that  much since my wife died but his yard is about a half mile or so from my Suffolk yard.Always used to have some interesting project there. Never saw his B move either.   Paul

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Ready to go.

Love the stance on this one.

20190205_132113.jpg

20190205_132128.jpg

Rich,  Nice A Car -what is that "puffed up" frame attached to?

7 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Rich,  Nice A Car -what is that "puffed up" frame attached to?

An RD 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 8:19 PM, 41chevy said:

I would hope so since it is one of one, but it has not been touched since at least 2009. It just sits in the front against the fence.          

It now resides at Joseph's and is For Sale.

http://www.josephequipment.com/inventory/?/listings/trucks/for-sale/19966523/1955-autocar-dc100?dlr=1&pcid=2000763270&lo=4

1955 Autocar DC 100.jpg

• Like 1

Not a bad looking truck for a 55!    terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

These 2 beauties belong to Jerry Howard. The picture of the black truck was taken at Macungie.

Macungie2012_026.jpg

IMG_1450.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, MHfred said:

These 2 beauties belong to Jerry Howard. The picture of the black truck was taken at Macungie.

Jerry has an impressive collection and he's a great guy. He hauled my '58 H67 from Colorado to my house in Ohio.

i don't think George Logan has that unit anymore. at least i have not seen it in quite a while....been at least 10 years.

16 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i don't think George Logan has that unit anymore. at least i have not seen it in quite a while....been at least 10 years.

Photo is from 2002.

17 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Sawmill Trucking NYC 1968

771404786_sawmillacar1968.thumb.jpg.1769efb195e2a60ec48b540dff081fb9.jpg

Paul,

And who was Sawmill?  I always thought somehow they were involved with Gerosa?  In any case, amazing what used to get hauled around on 5 axles in the old days.

Can't tell by the pic, but I bet that trailer has more than 8 tires on it, probably 8 on each axle.    terry:MackLogo:

1 hour ago, terry said:

Can't tell by the pic, but I bet that trailer has more than 8 tires on it, probably 8 on each axle.    terry:MackLogo:

No doubt-I'm just referring to the "heavy haul" tractors of today-usually a triaxle tractor, triaxle trailer (with probably 8 wheels per) and maybe a jeep-depending on how much money the customer has or how tough the ruling jurisdiction is.

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Paul,

And who was Sawmill?  I always thought somehow they were involved with Gerosa?  In any case, amazing what used to get hauled around on 5 axles in the old days.

They were inter mingled at one time. Mostly from the Black Caddy crowd in Brooklyn.

Didn't someone from this site own the Sawmill tractor,lived in Oklahoma  I think

Here is a little more info about the 1963 DC-200 and Saw Mill Trucking, Yonkers, NY. 

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=41276.0

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/30336-autocars/?page=2  scroll down a little

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/41392-1963-autocar-dc-200-big-truck/  posted For Sale