Autocars

RFCDrum

1899 Autocar

570255772_DqDrB8oWkAAhs19.jpglarge.jpg.e0bbf32dfd805dc2c821363a3787c8d8.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 3/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, MHfred said:

These 2 beauties belong to Jerry Howard. The picture of the black truck was taken at Macungie.

Jerry has an impressive collection and he's a great guy. He hauled my '58 H67 from Colorado to my house in Ohio.

Autocar in Europe

2v2Efg36NxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

16 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i don't think George Logan has that unit anymore. at least i have not seen it in quite a while....been at least 10 years.

Photo is from 2002.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, terry said:

Can't tell by the pic, but I bet that trailer has more than 8 tires on it, probably 8 on each axle.    terry:MackLogo:

No doubt-I'm just referring to the "heavy haul" tractors of today-usually a triaxle tractor, triaxle trailer (with probably 8 wheels per) and maybe a jeep-depending on how much money the customer has or how tough the ruling jurisdiction is.

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Paul,

And who was Sawmill?  I always thought somehow they were involved with Gerosa?  In any case, amazing what used to get hauled around on 5 axles in the old days.

They were inter mingled at one time. Mostly from the Black Caddy crowd in Brooklyn.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here is a little more info about the 1963 DC-200 and Saw Mill Trucking, Yonkers, NY. 

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=41276.0

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/30336-autocars/?page=2  scroll down a little

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/41392-1963-autocar-dc-200-big-truck/  posted For Sale

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, j hancock said:

1985 Autocar DK64B - Copy.JPG

that looks an awful lot like my buddy Al's truck we sold two years ago after he passed away.

it did not come from New Jersey, did it?

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

that looks an awful lot like my buddy Al's truck we sold two years ago after he passed away.

it did not come from New Jersey, did it?

I don't know where the Autocar came from but I could do some checking around.

Clicked the picture May 2016 at the Western Mass show and the truck is located in the Greenfield, MA area.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Jim -looks mint!  Where and when did you snap that?  do I see Londonderry on flap?  Early?

It's a Beauty!

Clicked the pic yesterday afternoon in Milford, NH.  It has Donovan Spring, Londonderry flaps on it.  If it hadn't been pouring rain, I would have investigated it more.  It appears to be an active member of the construction fleet.  

Jim