Autocars

RFCDrum

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PRM had a nice little fleet with quite a few of those A-Cars in it.  Used to like seeing them - good looking trucks.....

Here's a YouTube video that shows what appears to be a few remnants of PRM's fleet:   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was started by a two men.  One was Blaw and the other Knox.  The business was relocated to Hoboken, PA and was very important to the town.  Hoboken was renamed Blawnox, PA in 1918.

Blaw-Knox is part of Volvo Construction Products.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine Robert Meyers took these of an Autiocar Support Vehicle for the old Peace Maker Missile System at the USAF Museum in Utah.  Photo credit Robert Meyers

http://001_zpsz85hpmjq.jpg

http://004_zpsuodoxkte.jpg

http://005_zps23uar6bd.jpg

http://006_zpsj41ucpvo.jpg

http://007_zpsv9otubfh.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanx for the response J Hancock!, love those autocars!.I believe Passport  repowered some of the older A cars or did a glider kit in reverse and kept the older classic cabs and sheet metal! What in the world is that white colored Cabover behind the four door Autocar?

2 hours ago, BillyT said:

Thanx for the response J Hancock!, love those autocars!.I believe Passport  repowered some of the older A cars or did a glider kit in reverse and kept the older classic cabs and sheet metal! What in the world is that white colored Cabover behind the four door Autocar?

Oshkosh  power unit for hauling ICBM parts in from Hill Air Force Base in Montana to silos in the mid 70's. I'll post photos in the Other Makes

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 11/1/2016 at 6:18 PM, Swishy said:

Brutus Autocar.jpg

Double lug nuts on the front axle means they mean series bizzness

LOL cya

§wishy

That rig is still in service here in New Jersey. i see it 3-4 times a year.

The company specializes in bridge replacement. They use that truck to haul the BIG cranes to the sites.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Any of you guys see Ann Landers column yesterday? I call it the "psychology of panhandling" all road drivers have been panhandled,because they know we carry cash and tend to be a " soft touch" tell us your most clever approach or most innovative ploy! I have had some real classics. If some of them went to that much trouble coming up with a business model they'd be millionaires!

16 minutes ago, BillyT said:

Wonder what the "light weight" is on that yellow Autocar? Probably requires a cdl lol

The license requirements vary by state and how it is being used. If for personal use (no commercial use of any kind) here in VA no CDL is required.

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

Wonder what the "light weight" is on that yellow Autocar? Probably requires a cdl lol

i would say somewhere around 40,000 lbs. and it looks like it has 14-24 rubber on it.

with "S" tags on the trailer, we go by tire rating instead of the states 80,000 lb max weight rating.

my old 79 DM800 tractor with 60 ton rogers trailer weighed 78,000 empty. but because of the 12-24 tires on the tractor and 14-24 tires on the trailer i was legal for 198,000 lbs.

with either the 235 cat excavator or the D8K dozer, i was running down the road around 180,000 lbs.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..