Autocars

RFCDrum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That could be a nice one Al! I always liked that style A-Car,used to see one as a boy around South Jersey,a tractor with a Mercury sleeper on it,not a show-piece mind you,but a real sharp truck. I saw it sitting still once and had a closer look,it was Cummins powered,two sticks,did'nt know any better back then,but it was on a Reyco suspension! pretty rare back then to see what we considered a "West Coast" in Jersey,much less a conventional!....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It could be a nice one,Mark. Have kept an eye on it now for the 28 years I've been back in northern Ill. Always liked this style too.They took it out of service a couple of years ago and have updated to a sharp GMC General w/bunk & a Volvo/White/GMC integral sleeper. The cab is a little perforated.I would think there would be one out west somewhere.This one has a Cummins (not sure if 335 or 290),13 speed. Liked the '80's replacement for this model also,the AT 64. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That could be a nice one Al! I always liked that style A-Car,used to see one as a boy around South Jersey,a tractor with a Mercury sleeper on it,not a show-piece mind you,but a real sharp truck. I saw it sitting still once and had a closer look,it was Cummins powered,two sticks,did'nt know any better back then,but it was on a Reyco suspension! pretty rare back then to see what we considered a "West Coast" in Jersey,much less a conventional!....................................Mark

Mark, Bayonne Block had a Tractor that pulled one a there Fruehauf tub's had that same hood but it was a short nose with the engine in the cab! It had a Cummins 335 4X4 Spicer trans. talk about rare! well they rolled it an it was cut up! But back in the day they had some big powered trucks with KT 450's and one Road Boss with a KTA 600

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

I love those old A64F Autocars. I remember as a kid a local fuel oil company had a black day cab tandem that was always clean.

That wrecker has a massive Donaldson air cleaner on it.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)