Autocars

RFCDrum

Guys used to (in my words) PARADE their trucks and most time people would stop and admire. Now it's how fast can you get back?? My father told me wen I started driving if you ever beat on my truck for the the sake of a contractor I will beat on you!! Times have changed. Sad . Now run your ass off make no money.. Wat part of 17?? Your own contract or sub or jus drivin ??

I'm driving for my old boss Joe Gulino. Leslie DeMarino has the contract from Sheridan Ave in Waldwick to the New York state line by Sharp. Years ago when we went to the job everybody would say good morning and then we would decide when we were stopping for coffee and then lunch and then when to pick up the last load. Not anymore, Everybody wants tri axles and it is usually by the load and you have to run your ass off. It is sad. It used to be the contractor would say now don't screw me too bad today can you give me at least this many loads? LOL

I'm born in1970 myself.. The name tedesco sounds so familiar... You remember where from??

Summit NJ he pulled out of Houdale's Quarry in Summit on Shunpike RD. I don't know if Lefty Veneiro is still around but he was good friends with him and Heiller and Yannuzzi.Another blast from the past would be Albert Scalitti from Pompton Lakes NJ he started with the Fords and then want to the DC9964 Autocars with HRF6-195 Cummins motors (he was also the mayor of the town)

BULLHUSK

Summit NJ he pulled out of Houdale's Quarry in Summit on Shunpike RD. I don't know if Lefty Veneiro is still around but he was good friends with him and Heiller and Yannuzzi.Another blast from the past would be Albert Scalitti from Pompton Lakes NJ he started with the Fords and then want to the DC9964 Autocars with HRF6-195 Cummins motors (he was also the mayor of the town)

BULLHUSK

not to familiar w that quarry but lefty veneiro still going strong!! I think mark veneiro even stronger!!

Ok so the DM is for show I presume. Where is the Essex County yard?

its on Bradford ave in cedar grove. I'm gonna put plates on the Mack I do wanna run it A load here or there .. Jus play.. All the money I've spent already plates and insurance don't seem like too much more to spend. I wanna put a load on that truck n listen to that turbo whistle!!

Yea cool. Are you going to take it to Englishtown? Going to be a bumpy ride. I took my R model in 06 and got battered going down the Turnpike.

all the money the turnpike charges it should be paved smooth w gold!! Proboly not takin truck. Wen is it anyway ?? I know usually sept??

If any a you guys know Lefty V ask him about Don Tedesco and how nice his Autocars where, and maybe just maybe he would have some pictures of them! I know it's a long shot but what the hell!! I also remember when Lefty bought a new Pete tractor with a big HP 8V-92 Detroit, there wasn't many guys passin him on the hill's I used to load at Clayton's Elizabeth rail yard and McCormick's in S-Amboy back in the 70's and 80's I was King of the road (think not!) with my A-Car tractor with a 238 Detroit and a 4X4 with a Montone dump trailer haulin about 80 to 100,000 of sand to Colonial's JC and Newark and Eliz. yards (the truck was owned by Colonial not me) they was some good times and good money! I sure hope before I die we can start to see some of these days again! And do any a you old timers remember the Tug boat strike in 79? that brought out all the dump trucks an trailers!!... OH well there I go rambling on again! sorry guys

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

If any a you guys know Lefty V ask him about Don Tedesco and how nice his Autocars where, and maybe just maybe he would have some pictures of them! I know it's a long shot but what the hell!! I also remember when Lefty bought a new Pete tractor with a big HP 8V-92 Detroit, there wasn't many guys passin him on the hill's I used to load at Clayton's Elizabeth rail yard and McCormick's in S-Amboy back in the 70's and 80's I was King of the road (think not!) with my A-Car tractor with a 238 Detroit and a 4X4 with a Montone dump trailer haulin about 80 to 100,000 of sand to Colonial's JC and Newark and Eliz. yards (the truck was owned by Colonial not me) they was some good times and good money! I sure hope before I die we can start to see some of these days again! And do any a you old timers remember the Tug boat strike in 79? that brought out all the dump trucks an trailers!!... OH well there I go rambling on again! sorry guys

BULLHUSK

"Ramble On!"-Robert Plant 1969

Jim

"Rambling Man" - Gregg Allman 1973

All kidding aside, I enjoy hearing stories about the dump truck drivers having grown up around the clay pits along the Raritan River. I remember seeing Covenny Trucking's (from Succasunna) all shiny black fleet of Mack Westerns and Brockway 361's pulling dump trailers delivering sand to my dad's asphalt plant in Keasbey. Every now and then I would catch a glimpse of DiPaolo's V12 Kenworth bringing in rock from Mt Hope Quarry. What a sweet-sounding truck! Good times.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)