Autocars

RFCDrum

On November 3, 2016 at 0:36 PM, tjc transport said:

my old 79 DM800 tractor with 60 ton rogers trailer weighed 78,000 empty. but because of the 12-24 tires on the tractor and 14-24 tires on the trailer i was legal for 198,000

Pic please.      

On 11/3/2016 at 1:57 PM, BillyT said:

Wow! Ones prettier than the next I'd hate to be the judge at that show I was guessing high 30s double frame minimum! On Brutus! Wouldn't ya love to change one of those tires?😁 tnx TJC!

been there and done that more than one time over the 15 years i ran the mackwith those big sneakers Billy.

and i am very glad those days are long gone!!!

Edited by tjc transport

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Pic please.      

sorry, but no pictures of that rig, the tractor has probably been recycled 2-3 times by now.

a union operator put the bucket of a 988  through the cab back in 95, and they parted it out because it was getting tired.

Edited by tjc transport

On 11/6/2016 at 1:49 PM, Swishy said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=70317&stc=1&

attachment.php?attachmentid=70318&stc=1&

dm800_mack_central_jersey_trucking.jpg

cya

§wishy

those are pictures of the same truck Swishy. Frank Conforti bought that truck from Hess Brothers around 1990. at the time it had a V8 and a quad box in it.

if i remember correctly, Central Jersey bought it from Hess when Frank started working for them

they swapped the V8 for a big cat engine after the V8 got sick.

then when Frank left Central Jersey and started out on his own he bought the mack from them.

I have always liked Diamond T's, Diamond REO's but Autocars I like those the most. On this one the doors opened and closed real well. The hood

and fenders were in fairly good condition plus the cab sheet metal was straight. If I remember right the dash was in real decent shape also. And the

grille and outer shell were darn near perfect. I have two engines, a 7FB 400 cat and a BC II 449 cpl cummins  just in case it needs major repair.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DailyDiesel said:

1940 U-10, Hercules gas engine, 4-speed, completely restored by the shops of Eastern States Construction Service. The  Schramm air compressor is powered by a 4 cyl IHC diesel that starts off with gas.

IMG_0056-1024x749.jpg

Bid on a pair of that style at Kemps auction. I like that style ACar.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Diamond T also built a similar looking wood framed COE with suicide doors in the late 30's.. Tom Warren in Amarillo TX has one, but I do not know if he has restored it yet or not.

A few years ago I think the was a similar cabbed Autocar PP&G line truck at Macungie?? Anybody remember it??

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

On 1/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, BillyT said:

I give up what make is the compressor truck oh, ok it's an a car! Like the suicide doors! My dad had an old international Cabover in his salvage yard, similar in appearance, also had suicide doors!

Maybe this model? Although these doors are non-suicide.

36f41e1f98a3e7c8f51609d27b6d9177.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sinai 1956

http://idf a car_zpsahrwtkyo.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 1/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, DailyDiesel said:

1940 U-10, Hercules gas engine, 4-speed, completely restored by the shops of Eastern States Construction Service. The  Schramm air compressor is powered by a 4 cyl IHC diesel that starts off with gas.

IMG_0056-1024x749.jpg

a real ugly duckling turned into a swan :thumb:

8 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

What so far is the outcome of the a car search? Is it for sale?

Are you referring to me? If so yes that 65 is for sale, But the frame rails are real bad shape and the windows were left down. And the floor boards

are in real bad shape plus the windshield opening under the gasket is not good. It would take a ton of work to save that cab.

Truck Shop

One ping only

9 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Are you referring to me? If so yes that 65 is for sale, But the frame rails are real bad shape and the windows were left down. And the floor boards

are in real bad shape plus the windshield opening under the gasket is not good. It would take a ton of work to save that cab.

Truck Shop

ouch    that would have been a winner

• 4 weeks later...