Autocars

RFCDrum

Mike. Have you seen the Autocar that is for sale at the beer distributor on rte 100 north of Boyertown? I don't remember the cross road but it it is where Hollenbach is located. Saw it this weekend but raining so no pictures.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

A nice Autocar i saw at MATS a few years back,used to be one just like this in my neck of the woods in Jersey,i was un-able to find out much about it though...................................Mark

I was offered one in South Jersey years back, it was a 67' with a tilt nose(fiberglass), metallic blue, roof air, 36" single sleeper, single axle with a lift axle behind it. Also had old style tube type aluminum wheels. Power was 335 cummins and I believe the tranny was a Fuller 13. The owner ran it in the Forked River area pulling a dump trailer. The guy that had it couldn't produce a title so I turned it down, but I do have the original hood ornament. TOMBSTONE P.S.- Does anyone have a picture of Allegro Carting's 76 A-car show truck, seen around Secaucus late 70's, early 80's. It was white with 2 green stripes, wide nose, all chrome, Thanks.

Ex Flett Autocar found online

attachicon.gifdouie day 2 059.jpg

BK I cant tell you how many times I go on your flicker site and go thru all of the Flett pictures you have from the 60s thru the 90s. Got to be one of my favorite companies . Cats Mack's Acars all from the classic years.i know down here in the NYC Long Island area a lot of the big companies have gone out. Is Flett still operating on a major scale and can I ask where you got all them pictures from? Thanks for posting all your great pictures
  • Like 1

Local 282 Union Service

BK I cant tell you how many times I go on your flicker site and go thru all of the Flett pictures you have from the 60s thru the 90s. Got to be one of my favorite companies . Cats Mack's Acars all from the classic years.i know down here in the NYC Long Island area a lot of the big companies have gone out. Is Flett still operating on a major scale and can I ask where you got all them pictures from? Thanks for posting all your great pictures

Thanks for the compliments. Flett was quite the contractor and ran/runs a great mix of trucks and equipment. He passed away a few years ago, the business is still in operation and still does a good amount of work. James Flett took the pictures himself, his late wife gave them to a friend,another friend took the time to scan all the photos onto a cd and gave me a copy to put on my site.

• Like 1