Autocars

RFCDrum

B M Underwall from Linden had some nice V- 12 Brockways and nice Autocars back in the late 60's and early 70's

BULLHUSK

I remember hearing the stories from my Dad about Underwalls iron. All with big power, big brakes 8" shoes on truck and trailer, and lots of options. Had Autocar tandem dumps with 318's with n70's, Brockway tractors with V12's hauling City dump trailers. He even had some Ford LT9000 Tandem dumps with Montone bodies which my uncle bought used from him. (They were junk and the first and last Ford big trucks my uncle (FERNEL Trucking) ever owned.) They were black cab with red frames and were lettered for P&F trucking out of Freehold NJ.

His drivers used the big power and brakes to run heavy and not look it! I just love hearing stories from "back in the day trucking in NJ".

• Like 2

"Rambling Man" - Gregg Allman 1973

All kidding aside, I enjoy hearing stories about the dump truck drivers having grown up around the clay pits along the Raritan River. I remember seeing Covenny Trucking's (from Succasunna) all shiny black fleet of Mack Westerns and Brockway 361's pulling dump trailers delivering sand to my dad's asphalt plant in Keasbey. Every now and then I would catch a glimpse of DiPaolo's V12 Kenworth bringing in rock from Mt Hope Quarry. What a sweet-sounding truck! Good times.

Are you talking about Gallo's palnt in Keasby?

Are you talking about Gallo's palnt in Keasby?

Twin Bridge/Cardell.

When the old man ran it (Carmen D') they had dark green Mack DM800s but when the son took over he switched to gawd-awful light gray GMC Generals.....some with pit fenders which I've never seen on a GMC before. To their credit they did have a side-by-side Barber-Greene asphalt batch plant that supplied most of Central Jersey. Long gone now, folded up 2000 or so.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)