Celli Trucking Co.-A Chicago Legend

Good history lesson Al. I remember Sam Romano's R Model when he was leased to Celli running around when I was a kid.

I always thought that was a sharp looking truck. He should have a couple pictures of that lying around I would think. Thought

I would post the Celli First Gear truck and a Celli trailer that boss man Jim bought last year. I think he either sold the trailer

or cut it up.

Great side shot of the dump trailer. Any idea of the over all length of the trailer? Would be a great addition to model in 1/25 scale.

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Great thread! I love the shot of the LT with the short dump trailer from the previous page.

How is the name pronounced......is it "selly" or chelly"? Just curious.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

I believe it is "chelly" . I would say the dump trailer is 20'

FW

It would be pronounced "Cell-E" if that makes any sense! :whistling:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Great side shot of the dump trailer. Any idea of the over all length of the trailer? Would be a great addition to model in 1/25 scale.

Rick

Here is one,Rick that a guy in our area built.....post-510-0-40549300-1363297380_thumb.jpg And thanks guys for your comments.Have been out of town for a few days,so I have some catching up to do! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

It would be pronounced "Cell-E" if that makes any sense! :whistling:

My Great grandfather's name was Angelo B. Celle. In his native country (northern Italy) it is pronounced "chelly". In America it was pronounced "selly or sell-e". With Eugene and Carlo it would be "chell-eye " Like you stated it is pronounced "Cell-E", and yes that makes sense.

FW

It looks like the Celli numbering system during the B era was all over the map. How many B's were in the fleet at one time. How many R's and CH's.

Thats a good question,James.I noticed the 6 wheeler dumps seem to be 2 digit numbers,and the semis were first 3 digit, then later 4 digit numbers.Don't know the reason.HMMMM?