All eyes are on the new Maxidyne

kscarbel

Don't remember that time, but do remember the introduction of the intercooling in the early 70's, I didn't pay to much attention to that at that time either, definitely put Mack up front.

FW

Dad had a '72 F795 and Grandpa had '68 F685 at the time,both straightpiped.Our dealer let us have one of the "300 Series" gold demonstrators for a week,thought it sounded like a jet plane.

• Like 1

Anyone know when the 250 Thermodyne come out?

The 250 came out same time as the 237 and that would be in late 65 or 66.Before the 250 the turbo engine was a 205 and did not have the 20 bolt head or the oil cooled pistons. I was working at the mack dealer then.I could be wrong cause that was long time ago.

glenn akers

Thanks to Win Pellizoni and Walter M. May!!

Ron

You took the words right out of my mouth,Ron! Not to mention the "go ahead with it" from Mr. Hansen :bulldog1: Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The 250 came out same time as the 237 and that would be in late 65 or 66.Before the 250 the turbo engine was a 205 and did not have the 20 bolt head or the oil cooled pistons. I was working at the mack dealer then.I could be wrong cause that was long time ago.

The ENDT673B 225hp Thermodyne was in between the 205 & the 250. It had the piston coolers.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

If anyone knows the name Jim Winsor (Chilton Publishing- Heavy Duty Trucking) myself and my father are good friends with him. He lives in the suburban Philadelphia area and we have lunch or dinner with him at least twice a year. I have a great story about when the first Maxidyne and Walter May having Jim test drive a tractor when it came out of the R & D shop (that we all now know as the Customer Center) in Allentown. I will have to write it up and post it here sometime.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

If anyone knows the name Jim Winsor (Chilton Publishing- Heavy Duty Trucking) myself and my father are good friends with him. He lives in the suburban Philadelphia area and we have lunch or dinner with him at least twice a year. I have a great story about when the first Maxidyne and Walter May having Jim test drive a tractor when it came out of the R & D shop (that we all now know as the Customer Center) in Allentown. I will have to write it up and post it here sometime.

Sure do remember him,read his columns and Tom Berg's especially when they did road tests.Looking forward to the story!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Okay let me get something straight here. I'm pretty sure that if you were near a Detroit Diesel, you could not hear a pin drop....

Ben

:lol::thumb: (all out of likes,Ben) Al

Next time you see Jim, tell him Ken (from Lubrizol) says hello! And we miss him at TMC!

I talked to Tom Berg on the phone Tuesday and will see him at TMC in March.

Jim and Tom are both good guys!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

When i think about it more i worked for mack 1965,66,67,68 and the B model was still in production when i started there and i remenber seein a ENDT 673b or c in them but did not ever remenber seeing a maxidyn in the B so the thermodyne may have came out a year eary than the maxidyl witch would be 65 for the thermodyn and 66 for the maxidyn.The best i remnebr.

glenn akers