When Scania trucks roamed North America

kscarbel

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I dunno about looks, they are a good goer and will make any other brand look pretty average on performance 

Im surprised with the talk of big power and lack of it I read about on here that these aren't sellig like hot cakes in the States

Paul 

Paul, Scania stopped sending trucks to the states for sale was back in 92 because they did want to meet EPA emissions standards person CAN import one, but the cost for shipping and meeting EPA emissions standards make it not worth the cost.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

19 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Paul, we have Crazy people here that want to outlaw cow farms because their 'Farts' are thought to be harmful to the environment...   I say use cow fart gas to power electricity plants so they can charge there battery powered cars...  Just a thought...  Sorry for the side track...   Jojo

Well what about our pets, they fart too and it's ....,(my lab has been ... tonight) so will pets be banned soon? 😂🤔

On 5/29/2023 at 9:46 PM, LeonardoFVR said:

322235454_1208744676745509_532741298701048735_n.jpg

Here in Melbourne daily I see many Scania truck and dog tipper (both quads and triple axles) units working on our major tunnels, mostly V8's, fully loaded they get up and go like cars. Some of these V8's have modified exhausts - they sound good. 

They seem very popular in the tipper work for civil works because of their tight steering circle set up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/6/2023 at 9:38 AM, tjc transport said:

Paul, Scania stopped sending trucks to the states for sale was back in 92 because they did want to meet EPA emissions standards person CAN import one, but the cost for shipping and meeting EPA emissions standards make it not worth the cost.

If I may, emissions is not the reason Scania withdrew from the US market. There were other reasons. I later worked with the people who oversaw the US market.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

If I may, emissions is not the reason Scania withdrew from the US market. There were other reasons. I later worked with the people who oversaw the US market.

Nice to see you hanging out Kevin! Nothing sounds nicer than a V8 Still miss the sound on our hyws here! the v8 and cab over population is slim here now ! 
We sold loads of these in the eight's ! Now a days the engine sound would be stifled anyway by the DPF ! you wouldnt be able to hear how pretty they sound anyway! 🙄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The yellow and white 143E with the Watkins (another fallen flag) placard must have been in NH. The car beside it has a NH inspection sticker on it. - l don't know if that isn't at Poor Boys at exit five off 93 -. The white 112M and 113M look to have Mass plates.    .....Hippy

I noticed the same thing didn’t see the New Hampshire inspection, but I did see the license tag that look like Massachusetts…. also noticed that I already made a smart ass remark about Volvo. I hate them  the world needs to know.lol… bob