1951 A40

shermentib61

1951 A40 cab & chassis Started to restore but picked up new projects. Truck has a 160 cummins and duplex runs and drives , Will need all new glass I have the fenders and hood in the garage blasted and in etch primer . I hate to scrap it would make someone a really nice truck , comes with another complete A50 with a gas engine for parts . Give me a call if interested 724-840-8091 Truck is located in Saltsburg Pa

post-10859-0-89305800-1361760748_thumb.j

post-10859-0-42176000-1361760801_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is the truck still for sale? Do you know how long it is and about how much it weighs? Does it need alot of the parts off the other truck? I'm a couple states away and I wouldn't be able to take both of them without making two trips. Also do you have the title?

Thanks

Jason

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone im new to this site my name is mike and this seemed like a good place to go to get some info about my recently purchased 51 mack a40. I bought it online so i havent even picked it up yet but it is said to be all original and runs great. Can anyone tell me what they think this might be worth? Also does anyone know the engine in these? From what i found its a 6 cylinder 377? Im not a mechanic or anymore knowledgeable than the average joe as far as that goes but im curious ehat im getting in to. Thanks

Value is what a seller and purchaser agree to. I have a 51 A40H myself with a 377ci gas engine and air brakes. I wouldn't take several times what others would think the truck is worth because I like it.

I really don't understand you question how, or why you would ask a value if just purchased and not even in your possession yet? Are you simply interested in "flipping" it?

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Value can be all over the place.  How well does it run?  Amount of rust-dents-damage?  What difficult to find part is missing?  All emblems and trim in place?  Brakes?

Sight unseen ballpark $2,200-2,400.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.