My main truck

RFCDrum

WOW! Tim,thats a real "blast from the past" been a LONG time since i've seen a set of gold center Cragar "super tricks" on anything!,i remember it was also "cool" to put T/A exaust splitters on a Camaro,good friend of mine in H.S. had a Z-28 almost identical to that one,only he had a "K-40" CB antenna on the decklid had to be like the "Bandit" lol! thanks for posting,really brought a smile to my face!..........................Mark

Mark, Glad you enjoyed the picture. I sent that picture to the guy who owned the camero the other day and he was so happy because he didn't have any pictures of it and it was 30 years ago that I took it. Lot of nice cars at my school growing up. My older brother had a "74" Camero with 350 bored 60 over and 202 heads with 3/4 cam, Cragar super tricks and munsie 4 speed. He let me drive it to school on day and the principle chased me down the road after burning out in all 4 gears. It was worth it....

Some pics of our 59 International BC160 series. My father was pissed when he bought this truck. He bought from a paving guy who told him it was a 61. After he bought it he realized what year it was. This had an International straight six, 5 speed crash box, power assist steering, a Galion body with one coal chute. We had this for many years. We worked it up till the 90's. He bought it in 69. I wanted to restore it but no time. no real shop so we gave it to a neighbor who was a welder and uses it on his farm. It runs good and he uses it all the time.

Cheers, Rob

post-8724-0-67328400-1363824787_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-42731300-1363824796_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I was a kid Loadstar's still reigned supreme and S cabs were just coming in to service, I swear where I lived in MA was the IH capital of the east coast, everyone drove a Scout or an 1100 pick up and ran Loadstar trucks and Farmall tractors.

Yea loadstars were popular. Before my dad bought the BC 160 he was waiting for a Paramus DPW loadstar dump they were putting up for sale with a V8 5 and 2 speed rear and air brakes. They were taking their sweet time and he couldn't wait any longer. The scouts and pickups were good just rust buckets. Fords and GM's seemed to be supreme by us in the 70's.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...