Sign in to follow this  
shermentib61

W71 Mack Parts

the one on front that says Mack & looks like a B model emblem,only bigger?Those aren't too hard to find,G,C and N models used the same one.I have a few extra,but would need replated.

Do you have pics of the W-71?

I think we have already seen a pic...

the one on the trailer?

I would say. How many W's do you see on a trailer headed to PA? I used the process of elimination. I knew it wasn't coming to my place because I haven't wrapped my deal up yet.

I would say. How many W's do you see on a trailer headed to PA? I used the process of elimination. I knew it wasn't coming to my place because I haven't wrapped my deal up yet.

you holding something out on us Doug?? W-71's going to start popping up out of the weeds?I always thought there should be more of them around than what there seems to be.Here's the ones I know of still in existance within the last 5 years.

1. Dan Thomas' restored green sleeper cab

2. Dr. Bill's old blue one

3. Bill Reasoner's old one,restored yellow sleeper cab ,don't know who owns it now

4. My unrestored single axle non-sleeper

5. the unrestored one at the diesel shop in MN

6. unrestored blue non-sleeper tandem,belongs to a guy in WA?He's a member of the Yahoo cabover Mack group,real nice truck

7. one in NM,guy's name is Don something

8. front half of a non-sleeper cab,sold at an estate sale a few years back,CRS won't let me think of his name right now,don't know where it went

9. the one in the pic on the trailer

Anyone else know of any others or can add more info to the ones I've listed??

I have never seen a W in person. Where is the W on a trailer picture?

I've only seen one, that was Dr. Bill's old one in the Keystone Tractor Museum.

I didn't see the trailered one, post it up!

• Like 1

I thought I saved a pic,but couldn't find it,anyone remember what post it was in?

I love yours Superdog, you need to get that thing running around the yard! Arden from Northwest Diesel says he has 2 or 3 W's

I'm going crazy about the second pic each time I see it.

Macks are made so clean so they look like perfect scale toys!

Especially with white background they were fixed.

Best looking trucks of the most attractive models.

I'm shure you heared lots of comments of the kind but I like to say it again.

Bob theimer had one in Bainbride ny that got sold at auction before he passed away. think it was the blue one Mike and was cut behind the cab?? i remember it, might even have a pic somewhere

• Like 1

Thanks Matt,I could not think of Bob's name for nothing and I'd forgot he had his sale before he passed,damn CRS,anyway.

I have photos but they are too large to upload , were'nt too many with the integral sleepers but nobody really know the exact number

That is nice,the sleeper is different than the few other sleeper cabs I've seen.Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Ya that truck was originally in Pa in the 80's My Grandfather bought it from a Shop in Greensburg in 1970 The engine was blown up. He rebuilt it and Hauled stone and coal until about 1983. Then he moved to Texas, Drove it there Used it in the oil Field for a few years then eventually parked it. Its been sitting for probably 25 years.

The truck has page&page suspension too im not sure if that was a factory option or not . Sent to mack for the original build sheets i guess ill find out soon

That is a neat truck for sure! The sleeper is different than mine and it makes the 4th different style of sleeper I have seen on the W model. I was told that they left the factory with day cabs only and dealers arranged the sleeper additions and most were done at Able in Los Angeles? I saw one that appeard to be from the outside an integral factory sleeper.

i'd bet it's original,I've got a '54 B61 with Page&Page.