Sign in to follow this  
shermentib61

W71 Mack Parts

what does it have for an engine and running gear?

262 cummins 5 speed main 3 speed aux i think its the same as yours . what is the serial number on yours ours says 1212st i was wondering if that meant that it was the 212th built ?

Here's mine,it's W71T1156.

post-61-0-00867100-1361846960_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't yet,but it's on my list.I've been sending in 5 or 6 a year.I was told it spent most of it's life in CA pulling double cattle trailers.I've had it about 8 years now.

Is this the same one you have now?

Like the colors of 70's.

Here's a couple pics I took in Valley Forge, Pa.

Looks more like those photos were taken at the "Greatest antique truck show in the world", the ATCA National Meet at Macungie.

wonder where the W71 on his trailer went?

At the Greensboro ATHS national show in 1997, he also had 1955 W71 that was a dark grey color. Maybe the same truck after he had done some work to it?

W Model History.pdf

Here's a couple pics I took in Valley Forge, Pa.

I was given this history of my W model from Jim Rowe of Idaho. Jim's family owned a large livestock trailer business and for years he kept track of alot of the trucks. Neat to have guys like Jim!

That's a cool story,love the old cattle hauler pics.

So the gray W71 that was on the back of Dr. Bill's trailer was your green one??

A friend of mine just gave me this picture of his dad's W71, a real rare truck in Pennsylvania. The W71 was sold new by Hollinger Mack (now Truck Centers of Pennsylvania), turned out one of the guys there still had the chassis record.

The truck was owned by John Haines of Mt Joy, Pa. He was a local produce hauler, he bought it new the way you see it, and later added a sleeper.

If you look close at the trailer, you can see two kingpins, he could close couple it to run certain states that would not allow that long a combination.

It had the 275 hp supercharged Cummins, 5 X 3 transmissions. Took a real driver to manhandle something like this!

post-2383-0-91652700-1363396927_thumb.jp

post-61-0-57115300-1363396761_thumb.jpg

This is the one,or half of one that was on Theimer's auction.

post-61-0-30376400-1363396837_thumb.jpg

This is the one from New Mexico

post-61-0-63294100-1363396878_thumb.jpg

The former Bill Reasoner truck from KS

post-61-0-22516700-1363397078.jpg

don't know too much about this one other than the owner had it posted on the old Yahoo Mack Cabovers group,he'd just bought it,think it was around 7 years ago.

post-61-0-15352300-1363397546_thumb.jpg

this one was taken at Bob Brown's several years ago,can't remember where I found the pic.Evidently it was borrowed from Hank's.

god Mike i thought Bob theimers truck was a blue color? but then of course i was about 10 years old las time i seen it. where did it end up????

god Mike i thought Bob theimers truck was a blue color? but then of course i was about 10 years old las time i seen it. where did it end up????

Don't know,Matt.Hoping this pic might jog somebody's memory.

last i remember it it was in his chicken coop garage and he was workin on an L model puttin fire trucck fenders on it. think it had to be about 10-12 years old. i was about 17 when his auction happened and i dont remember seein the truck or where it went to, all i rememeber is his L models and his one blue H model.

Wow.......memories. Driving down the hwy in WA and did a u turn after seeing Bob Brown's yard. I sat in that W model about 86... that truck later ended up at the Golden Age museum and was not restored at that time. No idea where it is now. The golden cut off W was in Idaho and during the time i was restoring the Green W in the pictures........yes, it was the one that Dr Bill had on his trailer, anyways I needed a grill so I had a driver that was near with an empty drop deck swing by the yard it was in. They guy wanted $7,500.00 bucks! and it had no engine or tranny and was cut off behind the cab. So I told my guy to offer $1,500.00(that was nuts but we were there and I needed the shutter assembly) and the owner came back with " The hell with that, I will just weld a frame with a set or rears on it and make a truck out of it again"!!...............

The Pic of the PA W is really cool!! neat to see and the double king pin trailer was also neat.