Autocar and Brockway are long gone now!! It's sort of sad is it not? I will say this, I was lookin at a heavy spec. Western Star up at Horwiths last week and I'll tell ya that they are the closest thing to what I think an A-Car would look like if they still built a conventional. I like the bolted heavy frame as well as a steel cab with a lotta room, grease fittings on every moving part and not this grease free sh-t!! Heavy X-members with heavy hangers! I know, it sounds like I'm tryin ta sell ya a truck right LOL!!!! well I'm not, it was just nice to see that they still build em right..

BULLHUSK

Your mentioning a 12V71 Detroit in a 360 Brockway reminded me that I've got a 12V71TT Detroit that I removed from a gen set with 400 hours on it still sitting and awaiting the right truck to put it in.

I would love to put it in an extremely nice MH9500 GMC but with only a 114BBC there wouldn't be room for the engine much less twin turbo's.

I don't want to put it in a Pete or KW extended hood.

I have built several of Bruce Mallinson's Hi Horsepower Cummins engines ranging in HP from 700 single turbo to 1000 twin turbo. I had one in a 69 A-car that was somewhere between 800 and 850 HP and was strictly awesome.Currently I've got one ( single turbo version ) sitting in the shop awaiting the right B-73.

If you've never heard of Bruce Mallinson google his name, and prepare to be amazed .

He writes the high performance diesels articles in the truck paper, the free papers you see at truckstops. Sounds like he knows his stuff!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Autocar and Brockway are long gone now!! It's sort of sad is it not? I will say this, I was lookin at a heavy spec. Western Star up at Horwiths last week and I'll tell ya that they are the closest thing to what I think an A-Car would look like if they still built a conventional. I like the bolted heavy frame as well as a steel cab with a lotta room, grease fittings on every moving part and not this grease free sh-t!! Heavy X-members with heavy hangers! I know, it sounds like I'm tryin ta sell ya a truck right LOL!!!! well I'm not, it was just nice to see that they still build em right..

BULLHUSK

I've always kept an eye on the W. Stars too,Ernie.Are they still using their tubular crossmembers? I really liked the old "Drivers Cab" models.But the newer ones are growing on me.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA