In need of Mack trucks and mack parts.

luigiestrada

I have two things to say, and before anyone who wants to blast me.....Stop and think about what I am about to say before you do. 1. The guy is intelligent enough to WANT to do a google search to find information on Mack Trucks. He finds our little corner of the world. He signs up because he wants to better his equipment, keep it running and "eat steak" and keep bread on the table and a roof over his head just like the rest of us. He wants information from the horses mouth. So he came to the horses mouth. (although with some of the things that have been said I wonder if maybe it was the horses ass?) I dont know the guy from Adam. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt; thats who I am. 2. Why is it ok to be nice to Vlad over in Russia, but not this guy? Just curious. Can someone explain that to me???

Good Post

And if we want Mack to survive, we need to build a worldwide following for Mack. Why? One of the major reasons Volvo doesn't give a darn about Mack is because Mack is pretty much a North American brand and they're a worldwide company. Build a worldwide following for Mack so customers around the world demand Mack trucks and Volvo won't dare kill Mack!

• Like 2

And if we want Mack to survive, we need to build a worldwide following for Mack. Why? One of the major reasons Volvo doesn't give a darn about Mack is because Mack is pretty much a North American brand and they're a worldwide company. Build a worldwide following for Mack so customers around the world demand Mack trucks and Volvo won't dare kill Mack!

No question we all want Mack to survive,and thrive!But answer this,how is running 20-40 year old trucks into the ground in a far off land going to help do that?Your right about a worldwide following being a good thing,but they need to buy NEW Macks for Volvo to get the point!Volvo doesn't give a damn about obsolete old trucks in Africa.Haiti ect...plugging along to a slow death.Meanwhile parts are getting harder and harder to find in this country,and prices of the trucks have gone through the roof in recent years because of the scrap and export value.It just makes it that more difficult for those of us with a love for these trucks to own them,work them or maintain them.

• Like 1

I have sold a few parts to Mack users in othe countries, Austraila, Holland, UK, Germany, and Canada. Mack trucks and parts have been exported to Central and South America since the early 90"s ( demand was 237's,6spds. 3&4 sp auxiliarys, and 44# camelbacks. They would build trucks using new sheetmetal and used drivetrains, and I am sure many or all are still in service today. There is a difference between working it hard and abuse.

They are treated well, like a good dog loyal to its master, wherever he/she lives.

FW

I have sold a few parts to Mack users in othe countries, Austraila, Holland, UK, Germany, and Canada. Mack trucks and parts have been eported to Central and South America since the early 90"s ( demand was 237's,6spds. 3&4 sp auxiliarys, and 44# camelbacks. They would build trucks using new sheetmetal and used drivetrains, and I am sure many or all are still in service today. There is a difference between working it hard and abuse.

They are treated well, like a good dog loyal to its master, wherever he/she lives.

FW

I agree if they are treated well that's one thing.Problem is the more poor countries that buy them don't seem to do that.Europe and OZ are great for the trucks,it's like they're almost worshipped over there!

• Like 1

I have been following this thread with mixed emotions. Rather than go into a rant, my "more civil" thoughts are:

1. Why post a general ad looking for trucks and parts? If you join the forum, sit back, and read the posts. Then you will likely see any trucks or parts for sale. That is the purpose of the "FOR SALE" section.

2. Post a "Wanted" ad if you are looking for something specific.

3. If you are a new member, introduce yourself, what you do, etc. without stating specifics like "I want trucks to export". There are other dealers/individuals on here who likely buy stuff for export but are more discrete.

Perhaps some courtesy and common sense should be shown by all. New members especially should sit back, read the posts, and understand rather than jumping in with both feet and pissing most some of us off! You can learn a lot just by reading and remaining quiet.

Again, sit back, read, and enjoy BMT.

Okay, I will be quiet now! :whistling:

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

What

This is amazing ! I am asked to leave this little corner of the inter web because of business I conduct, that is legal, to make money to support my family. Maybe your comment was funny to you, but it is not to me. I have been a member here since 2005. I look forward to coming here and seeing what my Mack buddies are up to. I have met many people here, many have become friends. Some of the members here were my friends first, and became a member. I find it hard to believe that many of you on here do not realize that Mack trucks are used world wide. That is a compliment of the highest degree. How many times have you heard "Bulldog Tough" or "Built like a Mack truck"? Mack trucks are known the world over for being the best work truck you can get. There is a fella from Nigeria that I have sold many trucks to. He's a great Catholic, Christian who runs a trucking business over there, not much different from the one we run here. He has been to our place many times and we always enjoy talking Macks. At the end of the day, we both want the same things, and they are to serve our lord, support our families, and drive BIG MACK TRUCKS. To the few closed mined people here, you can eat the dust my tires kick up, because you are not going to chase me off that easily. -Brad

That is very well said Brad! You are a great guy in my books.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

As far as exporters sucking up all the old Macks, that may be true at the ports but not in the midwest- Out here it's rust, not exporters, that's eating up our old Macks. Keep in mind too that the CHs have gotten old enough that overseas buyers can buy them for the same price as an R model, so the CHs are the bulk of the exports now and the Rs are getting ignored. And someone said that old Macks don't matter to Volvo? Today's old Mack buyer, if he has good experiences with the brand, will be back in a few years when he has more dollars to buy a new Mack. Provided the good ol' boys on this site don't chase said future Mack customer off...

• Like 2

@farmer- you hit the nail on the head. As a new member you might want to get a "feel" for the forum you just joined before proclaiming you have "big balls". That's a huge turn away for me when that person asks for help.

Mack has changed over the years from b models to pinnacles today. Change is something that is going to happen. Its always mixed emotions when it does happen but it has to happen. Likewise exporting older trucks is a mixed emotion and personally I don't want to see it happen but I guess it has to happen. The silver lining, if any, would be that once these developing nations get on there feet and have wealthier economies they remember what truck helped then get there. Mack got them there. Hopefully they stay faithful to the Mack brand and purchase newer Macks proudly made here in the USA.

@farmer- you hit the nail on the head. As a new member you might want to get a "feel" for the forum you just joined before proclaiming you have "big balls". That's a huge turn away for me when that person asks for help.

Mack has changed over the years from b models to pinnacles today. Change is something that is going to happen. Its always mixed emotions when it does happen but it has to happen. Likewise exporting older trucks is a mixed emotion and personally I don't want to see it happen but I guess it has to happen. The silver lining, if any, would be that once these developing nations get on there feet and have wealthier economies they remember what truck helped then get there. Mack got them there. Hopefully they stay faithful to the Mack brand and purchase newer Macks proudly made here in the USA.

Good in theory,but places like Haiti and a lot of Africa will never change.

As far as exporters sucking up all the old Macks, that may be true at the ports but not in the midwest- Out here it's rust, not exporters, that's eating up our old Macks. Keep in mind too that the CHs have gotten old enough that overseas buyers can buy them for the same price as an R model, so the CHs are the bulk of the exports now and the Rs are getting ignored. And someone said that old Macks don't matter to Volvo? Today's old Mack buyer, if he has good experiences with the brand, will be back in a few years when he has more dollars to buy a new Mack. Provided the good ol' boys on this site don't chase said future Mack customer off...

hmmmm...great movie ideer for "Odds and Ends".

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

@220cummins I was just defending myself from someone that said that I had big balls for trying to trick people?? I was never trying to trick anyone. When I joined the forum I was looking around introduced myself and ran into the trucks wanted topic so I posted what was on my mind. If you didn't like what I posted we'll what can I do? I'm not gonna sit here and apologize for something that is not hurting anyone I'm just trying to better myself as an individual and my career.

• Like 1

Good in theory,but places like Haiti and a lot of Africa will never change.

The same thing was said about china 30-40 years ago. Chinese manufacturers are investing in the Africa as we speak. It's the last continent without heavy manufacturing where labor is cheap and no regulation of business.

@luigi you came to the right place for help but you rubbed some people the wrong way you have to understand that. I'm not saying anyone should apologize. You have to understand where some people are coming from. Some people might not like at the fact that you can here to "better" yourself financially but with an attitude. That will rub some the wrong way. You should not get offended at the reaction you got.

WTF difference does it make if he looks like a car thief? How do you guys know I dont look like an axe murderer???? Go ahead Ken, Leversole and 69mackman.....Tell them I look like an axe murderer!!!!

I'll vouch for that. I've seen you and the axe on your truck.

After reading through this thread, I decided to Google photo Nicaragua and such. Lots of well cared for trucks, MACKS, International, Petes, Freightliners and some tired Soviet stuff and a few older U.S. GM units Most look like what you'd find in any major city. Hell one garage looked like Robbs!! What I didn't see was any older MACK R , U or DMs but a few nicely cared for Fire Trucks. All look 100% better that Haiti or a few other countries

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25147096@N04/2372307150/in/photostream/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE