It's really not easy to make a math with inches you guys used to.

Metric count goes more just.

But...

My telephone said me 138.16 inches means 0.00218 mile (hope not a sea mile).

2100x60/8.24/0.69=22161.25 rear wheel revs per hour.

22161.25x0.00218= 48.3 miles per hour

I mistaken about multiply by ratio. Divide by ratio because tranny makes revs slower.

About 00 - my TRD-37 is single overdrive.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

One thing that always is different when I mess with the formula is "actual" tire size.

The same size tire but different brands are different actual sizes.

Even when I have measured the tires myself there are variables.

The main deal here is that it is a B81 dump truck and dump trucks of that time period were about a 50 mph truck.

I recall that true 24" rubber on trucks so equipped were branded "not to exceed 55 mph".

Jim

True for sure.Is 2100 the max RPM is should spin this engine or would a tad more be OK?

One thing that always is different when I mess with the formula is "actual" tire size.

The same size tire but different brands are different actual sizes.

Even when I have measured the tires myself there are variables.

The main deal here is that it is a B81 dump truck and dump trucks of that time period were about a 50 mph truck.

I recall that true 24" rubber on trucks so equipped were branded "not to exceed 55 mph".

Jim

And those engines were designed to run between 1500 to 2100 RPM. If you wanted to run on the highway, there was no choice but to hold it to the floor & let it run against the governor.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

And those engines were designed to run between 1500 to 2100 RPM. If you wanted to run on the highway, there was no choice but to hold it to the floor & let it run against the governor.

Funny how years ago their were lots of tire problems on a hot Friday afternoon while everyone was hightailing it back to the garage as fast as they could go.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I guess if she'll crank down the road near 50 that's not so bad.Just not a highway truck!

yeah, that's about all I can do. I remember the first time I drove the mixer home, going down rt. 24 in Appomattox. The speedometer doesn't work, and my wife was following me in the car. It was loud, springs so stiff you could feel a bump if you ran over a dime in the road, and I was just flying. Thought I was doing 100+ anyway.

When I got home I said "how fast was I going?"

She said "about 50, except when you went down Rocky Run hill- then you got up to almost 55".

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

LOL, I drove mine up I-65 North from Nashville, several years ago, to keep from going back roads( shifting and air brake issues was the reason ) and it was so loud, I thought I was going 70 mph, but only wondered why everone else was going 100 mph. Finally got home some 27 miles traveled and asked the g/f how fast was I going. She LHAO at me and said 47 mph. I was shocked to say the least.

Remember Loud Pipes Save Lives

At least that is what the Harley riders say.

mike

• Like 1

always thought the 0 meant overdrive and 20 meant double over. never really understood the TRQ7210 and TRQ7220 differences. guess they were both double over just different ratios? or the 7210 was an 18 speed and 7220 was a 20? they they made a regular 20 and have seen both 20 and 18 speed tags that said dont use 5th in low and low split.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Herb is right, 4th. is direct drive in the main transmission, 5th. is overdrive. Direct is direct drive in the compound, hi split is overdrive. So if the main's in 5th. gear and the compound's in hi split that gives you double over. 4th. in the main and hi split in the compound is almost the same gear ratio as 5th. in the main and direct in the compound- that's why 4th. hi split to 5th. hi split is the last shift and you have 18 speeds instead of 20.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.