A lot of tractors run with the goose neck around here and they never get stuck but were building a fifth wheel spreader hookup pin for ours

Since I have no experience with plowing snow with a bobtail I didn't know. Also the few times I've done anything where I drag the neck around it helped with weight but. idk think I just wanted to make sure my trailer didn't drive off where I had it.

Well I went out to measure the snow here this morning but it I guess it wont stick at 60 degrees, I just washed my pickup next is the work truck I think its about 64 now. I don't know what kind of lowboy neck you guys are talking about but my old Fontaine 55tn had a neck that weighed 4,500# with the pony motor it would give you traction.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

How am i doing? I walk down to the bottom of the hill the R-model is going about 60mph trying to get up it, there a town pay loader(Volvo) pushing snow behind it with 12ft rooster tails coming up and another loader(dresser) coming down the hill and my camera dies, so i get my phone out and take a bad quality video and can't upload it now!

Matt

Looks just like our towns R-models although they have a few newer(1999) ones! They had a article about the town of Derby's plows last year, they said that the trucks were "unsafe" because they are old(1974) even though they have less than 100k on them and that they need to buy nice brand new ones that never breakdown, cough, cough...

Matt

• 2 weeks later...