Northeast Blizzard..

MACKS

Did Ford do anything for the owners of the 6.0? Or did they take care of them just like Cat did with us A-Cert owners?

BULLHUSK

PS I'll take my trusty Cummins powered Dodge over any shevy or ford diesel, I also heard ford had some trouble with spark plugs blowin out of there gas motors?

We have three 04-06 6.0L in box vans at work that are nothing but junk. The one had all new injectors around 80k miles and the other two had both new turbo and injectors around 130k miles. Either way they are gutless pigs stock. I've heard if you delete the EGR garbage they'll run better. I've had two Duramax LLY diesels in 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks with some luck. The second one I just got with 130k miles blew a head gasket two days after I signed the papers. I had to pull the motor to do the head gaskets on it because of the lack of room. The dealers just remove the cab to do a HG job. I ended up welding shut the EGR cooler.and rerouting the PCV valve to bypass the emissions crap. So far so good...

The reporter on the news is calling moderate snow coming down "whiteout" conditions when you can see a 1/4 mile and that the plows cant keep up with it so they show the plow pushing 2 or 3 shovel fulls and there is only 1" on the ground. Must be no other news so they got to over exaggerate everything.

Matt

Right now it's a mixed bag here in Pa, just north of Philly......rain right now, but was snow and sleet a while ago. Expected to switch to all snow mid-afternoon and snow like hell all night long with 12"+ expected where I live close to Bethlehem Pa. Momma, who is a home-visit nurse has to work tomorrow, her Kia van is pretty good in slop but I'm thinking I may just allow her to take the 4WD Chevy Silverado tomorrow for her visits. Here's a pic of Mother Toro sitting next to Father FWD in the garage with Momma's van, one less vehicle for me to clean off. And if the snow gets too deep for the Chevy I can always take Father FWD on a B-Double-E-Double-R-U-N if I have to.....Snow has to be REAL deep to stop Father FWD.

post-1729-0-00492100-1360340946_thumb.jp

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Heres one from my old hometown newpaper from the 78 storm in Jersey,prolly Vinny will appreaciate!..............................................Mark

That first one could even be a Flexi-Van rental. Looks like the fenders are light in color and the hood is dark.

The reporter on the news is calling moderate snow coming down "whiteout" conditions when you can see a 1/4 mile and that the plows cant keep up with it so they show the plow pushing 2 or 3 shovel fulls and there is only 1" on the ground. Must be no other news so they got to over exaggerate everything.

And it's probably file footage.

I hope you folks don't get hammered as bad as they're saying. It think it's about time Mother Nature cut you Northeasterners some slack.

Jim