237 or 250?

Bigdogtrucker

I never saw this water manifold used with spin on filters.This water manifold was usually used with the large lubefiner remote filter,full-flow of course.This water manifold uses the old brass thermostat.I believe its aluminum. Bolts love to break off in them . Probably started life as a 237 and someone along the way wanted spin on oil filters,I know i would

I never saw this water manifold used with spin on filters.This water manifold was usually used with the large lubefiner remote filter,full-flow of course.This water manifold uses the old brass thermostat.I believe its aluminum. Bolts love to break off in them . Probably started life as a 237 and someone along the way wanted spin on oil filters,I know i would

Not as original build, an ESI engine uses all spin ons, but over 45 years things get changed. This is why I say, 'you need the numbers' of the engine, or maybe the fuel pump or the turbo will do, so you can then see if they are the correct numbers in the charts/Mack workshop manuals for a particular engine. Because as you can see you can't go by appearance alone.

I don't know about oil cooled pistons, I don't have a spec sheet on it, but I do know an ENDT673C @ 250 hp was an available option in R, RD, F and likely others. The 673T engines used several different intake manifold arrangements, including the "tin" manifold that the 675's used, and a two piece cast aluminum manifold.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

could also be endt673 with gingerbread from maxidyne motor. endt673 did not have oil cooled pistons. were only 225 horse

I think your mistakeing the ENDT673 with an END673T, which did not have piston coolers. The ENDT673 did have piston coolers, and started at 225hp.

In Australia the 'Perry' water filter was used as standard on the ENDT673 and the ENDT675 up till about the time ESI came in.

I think your mistakeing the ENDT673 with an END673T, which did not have piston coolers. The ENDT673 did have piston coolers, and started at 225hp.

In Australia the 'Perry' water filter was used as standard on the ENDT673 and the ENDT675 up till about the time ESI came in.

Ya your right. The end 673T was a 205HP. The endt673b was 225 and the endt673C was 250.It looked just like a 237 except the 237 was gold in color.

glenn akers