Waylon Jennings H-67 Straigh Truck

Me either,Bob.Love the Hoss's music.I know he had an addiction problem,but he said in an interview,he was cleaned up around '83-4 or so.He had a few more hits after that.Play 'em all the time.I have to get one of those newfangled turntables to digitize all my vinyl, next!

i had the chance to see him perform live,,,at the alamo truck stop,,,here in reno,,,it was his last concert,,,i stuck around,and watched him do a few tunes,,,i was going to be late for work,,,,which i never ever do,,,im always like a half hour early,,,but it was worth it,,and he died a short time after,,,so im glad i stuck around,,,pretty hard to stay off dope,,,when your your own boss,and its all around....also dont have a phonograph,,,bought a best of billy joe spears,a couple a years ago,,at a second hand music store,,,and no way to play it...aint that a bitch.lol.bob.

i had the chance to see him perform live,,,at the alamo truck stop,,,here in reno,,,it was his last concert,,,i stuck around,and watched him do a few tunes,,,i was going to be late for work,,,,which i never ever do,,,im always like a half hour early,,,but it was worth it,,and he died a short time after,,,so im glad i stuck around,,,pretty hard to stay off dope,,,when your your own boss,and its all around....also dont have a phonograph,,,bought a best of billy joe spears,a couple a years ago,,at a second hand music store,,,and no way to play it...aint that a bitch.lol.bob.

Seen Waylon( J.) @ the Puyallup Fair,Washinton State when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in the early '80's. Great concert.Could see the back of the trailer from the stands,but never got around to see that black B! Yep,gotta get me one of those USB turntables,Bob! That H model has got to be out there,somewhere!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

also dont have a phonograph,,,bought a best of billy joe spears,a couple a years ago,,at a second hand music store,,,and no way to play it...aint that a bitch.lol.bob.

Hey Bob,

Check around some of the better music stores in your area. Some shops have the equipment to transfer the record to CD or will know of someone that can do it.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Hey Bob,

Check around some of the better music stores in your area. Some shops have the equipment to transfer the record to CD or will know of someone that can do it.

oh,,,ok thanks,,,i also have hours of growing up 8 mm films,,ive been meaning to upgrade to dvd,,,lol.so much to do and so little time...bob

• 2 months later...

I hate to report this but Waylon Dorner the man who is pictured with his father next to Waylons Mack passed away at the end of last year.I don't know of what cause I read it in the GREAT LAKES TRUCK CLUB newsletter.I will try to scan the article at a later date for anyone who is interested in the story.I never met the man but I have seen his classic iron at some truck events here in Ontario.He left quite a legacy behind.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I know the Dorner's well Waylon's dad Charlie jr has helped me out a few times with my Superliner. I have a lot of respect for the Dorner family they're good people. Waylon was also a BMT member, and yes he did leave behind quite a legacy. The Dorners are very close friends with the Jennings family and Waylon was actually named after Waylon Jennings. They have the coolest collections of trucking and automotive memorabilia around here I've had the tour a few times. I haven't been down to his dads shop all winter so I'm going to have to stop in one of these days and see that project is coming.

I enjoyed the picture of the F-Model and wasn't aware that he owned one.

Though I would love to say that this is the one I'm searching for it's not this truck.

The H-67 that I remember was definitely a one of a kind and for that reason I can't believe that no one knows where it is today.

I would be willing to give $1000 as a finders fee if I could locate and be able to purchase (with-in reason) this unique truck.

I've been an H-Model enthusiast (nut) for over 40 years and the two that I've always wanted to own were the Joe Mustang H-63 and this H-67 straight truck.

I know that the Mustang H-63 went to someone who respects, appreciates and understands what an integral part of the history of trucking legends that he owns. That leaves this H-67 that I hope to someday own (with-in reason)

I enjoyed the picture of the F-Model and wasn't aware that he owned one.

Though I would love to say that this is the one I'm searching for it's not this truck.

The H-67 that I remember was definitely a one of a kind and for that reason I can't believe that no one knows where it is today.

I would be willing to give $1000 as a finders fee if I could locate and be able to purchase (with-in reason) this unique truck.

I've been an H-Model enthusiast (nut) for over 40 years and the two that I've always wanted to own were the Joe Mustang H-63 and this H-67 straight truck.

I know that the Mustang H-63 went to someone who respects, appreciates and understands what an integral part of the history of trucking legends that he owns. That leaves this H-67 that I hope to someday own (with-in reason)

I sure hope you find it!

Jake

I enjoyed the picture of the F-Model and wasn't aware that he owned one.Though I would love to say that this is the one I'm searching for it's not this truck.The H-67 that I remember was definitely a one of a kind and for that reason I can't believe that no one knows where it is today.I would be willing to give $1000 as a finders fee if I could locate and be able to purchase (with-in reason) this unique truck.I've been an H-Model enthusiast (nut) for over 40 years and the two that I've always wanted to own were the Joe Mustang H-63 and this H-67 straight truck.I know that the Mustang H-63 went to someone wh 9o respects, appreciates and understands what an integral part of the history of trucking legends that he owns. That leaves this H-67 that I hope to someday own (with-in reason)

good luck in your search, hope you can find it.

I do remember some of those Olson trucks too,James. Olson Body was a div. of Olson Transportation,from what I gathered.Olson Body is still in business.On my way up to the U.P.,there is an old OLSON van trailer sitting in Pembine,Wis.,faded,but you can still see the colors/lettering on it.My B C R had an Olson Body Co. tag axle on it,but wasn't owned by Olson.Severson Transport out of Edgerton,Wis. owned the truck from '57-'97!.

From the book " The Iron Works - The Grumman Story"

Morgan Olson was founded in 1938 on Long Island, New York, by Jimmy Olson, and is currently located in Sturgis, Michigan. Previously owned by Northrop Grumman, followed by a group of senior managers, Morgan Olson was purchased by JBPCO in 2003.

The idea for the first aluminum walk-in van was originated by Walter Heingartner, owner of Kinney Motors Chevrolet in Brooklyn, NY. Heingartner was friends with Jimmy Olson, then Commissioner of the New York State Liquor Authority. Olson had no truck experience, but knowing there were ten independent laundry companies in Brooklyn alone, he saw a market. He knew an aluminum body would be lighter and less prone to corrosion. He also knew someone who could build it, Jack Swirbul, one of Grumman's founders. WWII put a hold on assembly til 1946.

After the war, Olson and three partners formulated J.B.E. Olson Corporation on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn. Construction of the aluminum vehicle began. For its public unveiling, Olson rented the ballroom of the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City and invited Chevrolet dealers from all over the east coast. The vehicle was enthusiastically received and J.B.E. Olson received orders for 450 units, and the Grumman Olson aluminum walk-in van was born.

The company grew and prospered over the next many decades. The company purchased the Sturgis, MI facility, its current headquarters, in 1963.

In 1984, Grumman Olson was awarded the largest contract in its history. The United States Postal Service awarded Grumman Olson a contract worth over one billion dollars. Over 150,000 vehicles were produced

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

From the book " The Iron Works - The Grumman Story"

Morgan Olson was founded in 1938 on Long Island, New York, by Jimmy Olson, and is currently located in Sturgis, Michigan. Previously owned by Northrop Grumman, followed by a group of senior managers, Morgan Olson was purchased by JBPCO in 2003.

The idea for the first aluminum walk-in van was originated by Walter Heingartner, owner of Kinney Motors Chevrolet in Brooklyn, NY. Heingartner was friends with Jimmy Olson, then Commissioner of the New York State Liquor Authority. Olson had no truck experience, but knowing there were ten independent laundry companies in Brooklyn alone, he saw a market. He knew an aluminum body would be lighter and less prone to corrosion. He also knew someone who could build it, Jack Swirbul, one of Grumman's founders. WWII put a hold on assembly til 1946.

After the war, Olson and three partners formulated J.B.E. Olson Corporation on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn. Construction of the aluminum vehicle began. For its public unveiling, Olson rented the ballroom of the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City and invited Chevrolet dealers from all over the east coast. The vehicle was enthusiastically received and J.B.E. Olson received orders for 450 units, and the Grumman Olson aluminum walk-in van was born.

The company grew and prospered over the next many decades. The company purchased the Sturgis, MI facility, its current headquarters, in 1963.

In 1984, Grumman Olson was awarded the largest contract in its history. The United States Postal Service awarded Grumman Olson a contract worth over one billion dollars. Over 150,000 vehicles were produced

I think that would be a different Olson Body Co.,Paul.That one would have made like the OLSON Curbmaster bread trucks & such,right? The one I was talking about is a truck body distributor in Green Bay,Wis(actually now called Olson Trailer & Body,LLC).They sell and service many different type of dump,flatbed,van,service,etc. truck bodies.Here is a picture of a new Granite quad axle,that they set up.post-510-0-39720400-1365733122.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Went for a trip down to where Waylon Jennings B77 is under a full restoration. I only saw the sleeper off it he was working on this morning. Truck is torn down in alot of pieces right now, I learned a bit of history on the truck. Pretty cool. She's in good hands they do excellent work there, It'll be better than it was new. Charlie has an ad posted in the parts wanted topic, he's looking for some rubbers for the brake pedal if any of you guys can help him out.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...