Chris Sissick from Hanks Truck Pictures called us to the mat on Photo Linking

Barry

Ok, how about this: send an email asking for overall permission to use ANY photo on Hanks? That should cover it for awhile?

Thanks Barry for doing all you do.

That's exactly what I did, Larry! We'll see what he has to say about that request! I even offered a Hank's banner as exchange for becoming share partners with us. But we shall see!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Same here...I have posted hundreds of nice photos from various truck shows and never once complained about people linking to them! I am actually honored when someone reposts my photos! Thanks guys, I will never roll over on any forum issues without a fight! I'm sure Volvo, Mack and the ATHS already know that! LOL!

bmodel_logo.png

ask him if he can read what's written on hanks website. www.hankstruckpictures.com/sissick.htm

You may download any image for personal or non-commercial use only.
YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD ANY PICTURE FROM THIS WEB SITE TO BE USED ON YOUTUBE OR FACEBOOK.

we should all pass the hat to buy him a watts mack shirt, he'll think he've reach the VIP status and he'll be happy.

• Like 1

THANKS Barry for the info and all that you do to moderate this site. As for my pics from truck shows, all I ask is credit for the photos (which you have done). Other "personal" pics that I have taken and posted have my watermark on them. Let's hope Hank's sees the value in allowing pics to be posted on BMT.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Several of the guys over at Hanks got up in arms over the past few years because of different people setting up "Truck Spotting" websites then taking the pictures off of other sites like Hanks and posting the pics as their own. I understand why they got upset over those issues but at the same time once you put something on the web, it's on the web....

I think Michael Martinelli (FDNYtrucks.com) has the set up and if the guys over at Hanks are all so concerned about their pic's being stolen then they should do what Michael has done.

Here is the response from Mr. Faust...

Actually when the owner or driver of a truck (or supervisor at a terminal) is present I DO ask permission and ask if it is OK to post the photo on a single website. I don't ask if it is ok for other people to steal the photo and post it wherever they want.

If I came into your office and swiped a pen off your desk you would probably be mad. If I ASKED first if I could have the pen you would most likely have a different attitude.
If I took a photo of a truck in Salt Lake City 30 years ago is it OK for you (who paid nothing for the expenses of the trip, film, camera, etc) to STEAL that image for your own use? Who is the greedy selfish person here Barry!?
Funny how the people who take these photos off Hanks are people who don't actually have their own life long collection of THEIR own work.
You must not value your own work the way we do if you don't mind if your photos are spread all over the world. Maybe you would feel different if you found your images in a book with someone else's name as credit.

You can't argue with these people...they just don't get it. They accuse us of being selfish and greedy but read the above text! Keep your pictures, Mr. Faust...there are plenty of highway photographers that love to share their work!

bmodel_logo.png

No one ever stopped me at the intersection the day some one took a pic of my 761 brockway pulling someone else trailer and then posted it on hanks page, if they want to be dumb ass's then dont take pics of my trucks.

any of my bmt friends or brockway friends can use my pics.,, please do.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

This is very interesting. You are taking photos of peoples trucks either working, on the road or at a truck show it really should be fair game. I could see it being a problem if it was a guy who did this for a living and posted pics from a photo shoot so yea that would be a copyright problem. You know a good friend of mine I used to drive for had a pic posted on Flickr that was taken of him going down rt 46 in Jersey and when I told him he was kinda nervous that his truck was all over the internet since he has had trucks stolen in the past. His Pete is beautiful and he should be flattered but some people are funny that way. My point is copyrighting a hobby is stupid as we are all enthusiasts and enjoy what people have to offer with their photos.

Cheers, Robert

• Like 2