Chris Sissick from Hanks Truck Pictures called us to the mat on Photo Linking

Barry

Maybe we should email him and have him remove any of our trucks from his site. He did not ask our permission or have us sign a waiver for the pics of any of our trucks from the truck shows, after all they are our trucks ment to be enjoyed by us and those who appreciate them.

• Like 1

Great response Barry you handled it like the true gentlemen that you are.I think that this site is a great place to enjoy,learn and make some great friends along the way.You will never win the argurment when he has his nickers in a knot.Have a great week and stay safe.Mike Durkin

• Like 1

Great response Barry you handled it like the true gentlemen that you are.I think that this site is a great place to enjoy,learn and make some great friends along the way.You will never win the argurment when he has his nickers in a knot.Have a great week and stay safe.Mike Durkin

By the sounds of them, I think their PANTIES are in a wad

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

This is certainly an interesting topic. I reckon this subject is a can of worms and has become a hot topic because of the ease of spreading images via the internet. This is my opinion.

I don't think you can stop a person from standing on a street corner taking photo's of trucks and cars driving the streets then posting those photo's, the photo's belong to the person taking the photograph, and does'nt need anyone's permission.

I think it would be different if your truck was tucked away in the back corner of your yard and someone came in and photographed it without your knowledge then posted it.

I think it would still be property of the photographer, but would be wrong, and the owner of the vehicle would be fair to complain about that.

I think trucks at truck shows or parked in the street are fair game, if you don't like that you don't take your vehicle out in a public place.

I don't think this is about some companies logo's on vehicles or taking a photograph of the vehicle, it's about somebody using somebody else's photograph without asking permission to use the photograph, a totally different subject.

I think when it says something like 'pictures may be used for personal use only but not on your facebook page' etc, I think that also means bigmacktrucks.com or showusyourchev.com.etc.etc.

I think that means you can save it to your computer and when your mates come over you can say 'look at this neat Mack I saw on the internet', it does'nt mean you can re-post somewhere else, or copy it to paper and sell copies.

We just went round-for-round on this same subject at another forum.

People should be worrying about satellites and that pesky Google car that take pictures of all the cool stuff in your yard - not images of trucks on a public website.

Terry

Julian, PA

Thank you Barry for responding to this matter in the gentlemanly way you did! i for one certainly appreaciate the effort,especially since it was my post/picture that seems to have caused the problem.............................................Mark

Personally,i thought this was about the old truck/Mack hobby,not a pissing contest,my intent of the thread was to show the varied trucks i grew up with in my beloved former home state,maybe educate and promote the hobby at the same time.

But evidently that is not how it was percieved. So i take full responsiblity for my own actions,and can assure all the members at "hanks" that NO picture will ever be used,copied,posted,looked at,sold or anything else (at least by me)

from this day forward! nor will the site be viewed (by me) or reccomended to anyone by me looking for a specific make/model photo as it has been in the past. I have always tried to include in any post where the picture came from,if not taken by myself,

credit where credit is due PERIOD! and just so you know,I HAVE e-mailed several of the members asking for permission to use a certain photo ,and have NEVER recieved a reponse from ANY of them,NOT ONCE!

So have no fear,i will not e-mail anyone over there anymore,just keep them! i could understand if we were using the pics to make money,or for some other unsatisfactory use,advertizing etc. but only for personal use? really? i would think the members

would be happy the pics are used in such a way, TO PROMOTE THE TRUCK HOBBY! guess i was wrong! i guess we are a different breed over here at BMT,and proud to be!................................Mark (AKA Vision386)

Well stated Mark! I am with you.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I have enjoyed this thread so far and props to Barry, if they cant play nice Im taking my toys and going home, thats what I get from this, I have been linked to pics of my trucks on Hanks and I didnt put em there or give permission, hell look at the link below........

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/60608136/mack-dump-truck-grey_tshirt

now look at this pic of my 04 Granite...

Look familiar? I had this made for my shirts and they asked if they could use my truck for other shirts, I said why not, now they sell em in every color imaginable and have my truck on everything from signs, to mugs, I dont care now the whole world can see my truck and the work I did to it (or a caricature of it)I dont see the big deal, and these guys are selling my pics. Way to go Barry and to those Hanks Truck Pics guys reading this, SHAME!

post-5240-0-10380000-1360027821_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Some of the first photos that I posted on Hank's Forum were scans that I made from my company's newsletter/magazine, the very next day they were removed, so I realized then, it was a no-no.

I've posted pictures from Dave Faust and Gary Morton on the Brockway Site, I asked and was granted permission to do it by them, it was that simple.

One of my pictures was good enough to make The Bulldog Magazine, as long as they gave me credit for the photo, it was OK with me.

Wouldnt want this picture to end up claimed by a guy on Hanks .. lol :clap:

And I think you handled it great too Barry, thank you for representing BMT so well

Ha, well its a little older than 2013 I think it was 2006 when that one was taken, I bought it early in 06 and had it fixed up later that year, I dont see the issue about the pics. If they are selling the pics for money, then I would think they need the truck owners and manufacturers permission, you cant put a Mack emblem on anything without getting their say so. I really havent ever seen the issue with this kind of stuff, I have taken pics of trucks and planes for years and years, I have pics going back to when I was in a Wickes Lumber truck at 5 years old (on a forklift too, Dad was the manager here). I have never asked for anything for mine, hell I have made copies for people, with the shirts I gave them permission, who cares its a picture its not your life savings, if you are counting on the income off of pics of trucks you posted on the internet to put your kids thru college and support your retirement, well I hope you like beenie weenies(is that name copy righted). If anybody wants to copy pics of my trucks go for it, and if you want to get some other pics I have, email me or call me, I have tons of pics of trucks and trains too. Nuff Said!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Some of the first photos that I posted on Hank's Forum were scans that I made from my company's newsletter/magazine, the very next day they were removed, so I realized then, it was a no-no.

I've posted pictures from Dave Faust and Gary Morton on the Brockway Site, I asked and was granted permission to do it by them, it was that simple.

One of my pictures was good enough to make The Bulldog Magazine, as long as they gave me credit for the photo, it was OK with me.

I forgot the black truck above was in the Bulldog magazine I think it was 07, yep 2007 volume 2, got a mil spec granite on the front, mines on page 30.

Just curious, have you ever downloaded a picture from this website? If so, did you ask permission beforehand?

People seem to have conflated what is legal with what is okay. Is it legal to take a picture of someone or something without getting permission? Probably. Is it okay to do so? If I understand their position, it is that they have the right to take pictures regardless of whether they have permission to do so and they have the right to do whatever they want with them, including putting them on the internet and/or selling them, but others do not have the right to share them within the hobby even with attribution. This petty bs and what has been going on at the ATHS is going to drive people away from the hobby. Grow up already.

Couldnt think of how to say it but you did! I agree totally "most" of us are adults here (sorry Vinny,LOL!)!

KUDOS Barry. Very well done. After spending nine years building houses in Florida retirement communities I learned you can't win an argument with a moron. Some of these people have nothing to do but watch soap operas and play shuffle board. The best thing you can do is say "I don't believe this conversation is going to be conducted in a professional manor. Therefore I choose to not continue it". And walk away.

Thank you Barry for responding to this matter in the gentlemanly way you did! i for one certainly appreaciate the effort,especially since it was my post/picture that seems to have caused the problem.............................................Mark

Personally,i thought this was about the old truck/Mack hobby,not a pissing contest,my intent of the thread was to show the varied trucks i grew up with in my beloved former home state,maybe educate and promote the hobby at the same time.

But evidently that is not how it was percieved. So i take full responsiblity for my own actions,and can assure all the members at "hanks" that NO picture will ever be used,copied,posted,looked at,sold or anything else (at least by me)

from this day forward! nor will the site be viewed (by me) or reccomended to anyone by me looking for a specific make/model photo as it has been in the past. I have always tried to include in any post where the picture came from,if not taken by myself,

credit where credit is due PERIOD! and just so you know,I HAVE e-mailed several of the members asking for permission to use a certain photo ,and have NEVER recieved a reponse from ANY of them,NOT ONCE!

So have no fear,i will not e-mail anyone over there anymore,just keep them! i could understand if we were using the pics to make money,or for some other unsatisfactory use,advertizing etc. but only for personal use? really? i would think the members

would be happy the pics are used in such a way, TO PROMOTE THE TRUCK HOBBY! guess i was wrong! i guess we are a different breed over here at BMT,and proud to be!................................Mark (AKA Vision386)

Mark ol buddy you done what the rest of us would do, speak the truth....You know we always stick together over here on BMT. Thanks for taking up for us Barry

• Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Well guys the way I'm looking at it is if I pull up a picture on my smart phone and hold my finger on the screen and it let's me save the image that's there own problem,I did try to save some and my phone wouldn't let me do it so no big deal. For those of you that have these phones know that now most of them you can take a screen shot of anything that's on your screen,they should not blame us they should blame technology lol .

Thank you Barry your response was perfect like the other guys said. Since I'm not a truck driver and I'm a younger guy I wouldn't be able to really get into this hobby without the support of this form and its members and the pictures they post.

Rudy