Replacing rear cab panel on Superliner

Got through all the thread.

Just missed it at some point earlier being thinking you still replace the rear panel.

Alot of interesting work and solutions.

I had thoughts on lining the dash with leather but was told it wouldn't be nice from the upholstery guy.

Would like to see your interior ready.

Glad to see the progress on your truck.

Great job and done right :twothumbsup:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Got through all the thread.

Just missed it at some point earlier being thinking you still replace the rear panel.

Alot of interesting work and solutions.

I had thoughts on lining the dash with leather but was told it wouldn't be nice from the upholstery guy.

Would like to see your interior ready.

Glad to see the progress on your truck.

Great job and done right :twothumbsup:

Thank you I don't have the rest of the interior done yet. Still thinking of how I'm going to finish it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about welding up my roof vent on mine after I forked over $100 for the shorty center light but too late the cab roof was painted as slow as my painter is at least he could have helped me out on that.

Looking good looks like wont be long and yours will be blowing smoke down the road.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks great. Even though it took so long you did it the way you wanted. Could I ask what kind of welder you used?  We have a bunch of body work to do to the super we have. I’ve been thinking about buying a tig welder but if I can get by with the wire welder that’s what I’ll do. Thanks. 

I tried a tig when I did all the body work on Mrs Mack but soon gave it the ass and replaced it with a mig and .6 wire and can weld up panels with little to no distortion not a problem 
And considering I had never used a mig before I thought this was pretty good 

I have only ever been a stick welding man until then and still prefer stick welding to mig but its growing on me but the tig has been retired after a couple of days LOL

Paul

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Details please

I would have to have 30,000 for it. I have a whole lot more than that in it. It needs head and tail lights wired and the interior finished. Probably a few little things need done. Besides what I've done and posted here I had the motor rebuilt has around 7000 miles on it.

8 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I would like to replace the y-pipe and elbows on my V-8 RW. What did you use for the y-pipe and elbows. I would like to et back to shiny chrome.

I'm guessing the y pipe is stock. It looked new when I bought the truck. I came off it with a couple short pieces of flex pipe into I think 4 to 6 in adapter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...