Replacing rear cab panel on Superliner

Nice work. Getting ready to do the dynamat thing my self I like how you cut it around the trans panel. Nice job.

I figured if I ever wanted to take the floor out it would be a lot easier this way. I cut around the raised sections of the floor because I'm going to try putting hardwood laminate flooring in it so trying to keep it as flat as I can.

• Like 1

I figured if I ever wanted to take the floor out it would be a lot easier this way. I cut around the raised sections of the floor because I'm going to try putting hardwood laminate flooring in it so trying to keep it as flat as I can.

I've been pondering the wood laminate for mine, I found some that's 3/8" thick I figured id level underneath and it wouldn't be too much taller than the rubber and insulation.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

From the looks of your work I may just bring mine to you and let you do it right, excellent job so far keep the pics coming.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You would still have to spread the roof 4 ways I measured one already, I was hoping the sides were straight enough but theyre not, it would still look awesome with a 4" chop on an RW, that long wide flat hood with a chopped roof would look like an aircraft carrier deck.

There is a picture of an R model with a chopped top in this years ATHS Showtime ( just got it), on page 113.

• 2 weeks later...

very very nice wish I had the time and coin to have done mine that way it was a short logger before I got it and either a log or the trailer tounge had been dropped on the drivers side of the roof took several days with a hammer and a pin gun to get it close enough for body filler and then a day of longboarding to make it work and look right. again very nice job!!!! like the dynamat too I think i'll have to try it

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your truck is looking great,first rate job.If my shop was as clean and warm as yours my wife and kids would never see me.Good luck keep the pictures and updates coming.

Thanks it could stand to be a little cleaner and my wife doesn't see to much of me