Replacing rear cab panel on Superliner

Chop the top then cut a hole in the roof for the shifter. Like the old Rat Fink pictures.

I have a picture I drew years ago of a Mack R model dump truck like that! I think it would be awesome just because, no reason to it other than a conversation piece at a show, take a rusty old R not long for this world, flip the springs under the axle to slam it on the ground, chop the top to about a 6" window and cut the roof out so you can have highback leather seats poking thru and a shifter about 18" too tall sticking up in the middle.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Chopped top.....lmao....how tall are you guys.... And besides this is a mack truck not some tinted out hot wheels...lmao....

Im 6'1", and I never get near the roof, the fold down sun visors are too high for me to use, Im use to sitting with the seat bottomed out or a low ride height seat so with air about the same position, I have always driven that way its just more comfortable for me because of the position of my legs it gets my knees back away from the dash more than with the seat up scraping the roof. Its not about it being a Mack truck and n ot being able to modify it, most people thought the first guy to cut the top off of certain car brands to make a convertible in the early 50's was nuts. I think its just nice to see different takes on things, the way I like a truck in no way has anything to do with the way another person would want it, some people like em stock and others like to make them their own. I think one of the big reasons I like Car and Truck shows is the variations on concepts that you get to see, its the back yard engineering, and the attention to detail that made the USA great and we are losing it quick fast and in a real damn big hurry. I think that your RS700L is great, I also think that the B Model Rat Rod posted here is great, both for differnt reasons but they both have their place in the sun for sure, I would love to get my RW done one day and start a Rat Rod inspired Rmodel project just because I havent seen it done yet, same reason I raced a Murray lawn mower at Huntsville Dragway with wheelie bars,zoomie headers and a Nitrous bottle hanging off the back

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

keg1

I love the work you've done to the old Superdog. Are goning to be at Seagertown steam show this year with it or the CH?

Thanks, Josh

keg1

I love the work you've done to the old Superdog. Are goning to be at Seagertown steam show this year with it or the CH?

Thanks, Josh

Thanks, Probably won't go up on Thursday and stay like we have been but will be up on the weekend. Dad sold most of his Farmalls so probably won't have a truck with me. I always walk up on the hill and droll over the nice ones from Cambridge Springs.LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the orange wire 2nd from bottom goes? LOL. I was bored today so I figured I would tear the dash out and count the wires. I was getting about ready to paint the interior and thought I would pull the dash off and do a better job. Then I found some bad wire repairs so I spent the day cutting out unused wires and fixing others. No wonder I never get much done.

post-4354-0-61501100-1373766691_thumb.jp

Ha, sounds like me, I get a little into a project. The last thing I started was swapping my valve covers and that ended two days later after I repainted the charge air cooler, pipes, engine, steering shaft, re arranged the wiring and hoses over the engine and re painted all the brackets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLkwp5E6Zs

OK, click here to hear my truck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...