Replacing rear cab panel on Superliner

I'm curious too, I'm bout to dig into my sleeper boot and I'm scared I might find the R word.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

How's this coming along/Been waiting to see more pics.Sure looks like a first class job. Steve

Just got the back on last weekend. Was bending up some new drip rails for over doors tonight. once i get them welded on maybe i can get the roof on. Havent had much time to work on it.

Remember, it can ALWAYS be worse! At least you have roof!

10-4 on the roof I have all kinds of big ideas but a Mack won't fit in an 7' tall garage door.

MackB615_225.JPG

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I did the roof on my r model 2 years ago. Well worth the work if rust is showing. I also put in sound deadening sheets and insulation. Helps big time with noise. While that roof is off spray the insides of the a pillar with rust preventive that will slow any issues that may not be present o. The surface. And while you are there you may want to run a few wires down the a pillar for any extra lights external cb speaker, roof strobe etc....or stuff you may want to add down the road.

Keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the back panel welded on and the roof about ready to go on. Have it in place making some adjustments. I cut a section out of the old back panel and welded up a new overhead console. I did away with the roof vent so the original console wouldn't look so good with a big hole in the center.

post-4354-0-39990900-1365292029_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-75108700-1365292072_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-92127100-1365292172_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-32388500-1365292229_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-29603500-1365292276_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

Finally got the roof back on. Dynamat in and painted. I went ahead and painted the roof so I could take the scaffolding down. Changing color to black metallic. Its a little dusty in picture. Cut the rocker off the drivers side and replaced backing plate and sill plate. Put on a new cowl panel on drivers side. Made new mounts for speakers. I didn't like them hanging in corners. Have some extra holes in firewall to weld up and try to fix some cracks in heater box cover or find another one and then maybe I can get interior painted. If only there were more hours in a day.

post-4354-0-92355400-1371084525_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-33052300-1371084575_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-85519000-1371084621_thumb.jp

post-4354-0-97654600-1371084673_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Looks like awesome work so far! I always told meself if I had the back off of a R model cab I'd fabricate it four inches deeper and the roof 4 inches higher.

Id be up for more legroom but I would chop the top about 3-4" not make it taller, maybe a +3 rear and a-3 top. You have me doing some serious pondering now as to how difficult a cab stretch would be, 3" would be huge in an R cab.

A chopped top would look sweet with a nice drop visor! Would be a very easy chop job actually.

You would still have to spread the roof 4 ways I measured one already, I was hoping the sides were straight enough but theyre not, it would still look awesome with a 4" chop on an RW, that long wide flat hood with a chopped roof would look like an aircraft carrier deck.