Yes, Mark. Raceway Park Diesel Drags when they were sponsored by Crazy Eddie!!!! The owner at the time was Bob McLain from Buttzville, NJ.

The truck believe it or not still exists. I stumbled on some pics of it in its current condition on Flickr. The owner I assume is in Florida.

I've heard NJ refered to as the armpit of the country but never knew there was a "Buttzville" there.

I've heard NJ refered to as the armpit of the country but never knew there was a "Buttzville" there.

LMAO! sure is! there are a lot of strange sounding town names in Jersey!...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yes, Mark. Raceway Park Diesel Drags when they were sponsored by Crazy Eddie!!!! The owner at the time was Bob McLain from Buttzville, NJ.

The truck believe it or not still exists. I stumbled on some pics of it in its current condition on Flickr. The owner I assume is in Florida.

Glad to see its still around! personally i would have left it as is (was) i remember it sounded great! i want to say it was either a 220 or 250 Cummins?. this truck was also on the cover of Wheels Of Time some years ago................................Mark

You got it but you would be surprised how many people will argue that it never existed.

I GOT A BRAND NEW CAB FROM THEM(Strick) that was removed from one of the

New trucks that they bought to construct this monstrosity.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MAKE&MODEL TRUCK IT WAS THEY STARTED WITH?? A HINT IT WASN'T A MACK

I think I read some place that it was a CCC cab (Crane Carrier)

BULLHUSK

would hate to be in a wreck with this.

gg2

If you think about it, one might be better off under the truck. The thing that often causes the fatal injury to the occupants of a tractor is the crushing between two trailers. In this situation, depending on where the axles of the trailer ahead are, there is a good chance that the cargo area of the Strick will make solid contact with the truck ahead before the Strick cab has a chance to crush. Re-ending a car would not be much different in this then in the front of a passenger van... Just an opinion.

Regarding the "hibinder", I took this pic back in 1984 and it was the first time I ever saw one. I thought it was home built at first glance. A neat feature was the swing-out fenders.

If you tilted the cab, the truck would fall on its face.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

there's something strange about that highbinder, I just haven't figured out what it is yet. I think it's been modified a lot- you can see different lights, bumper, tanks, in the pictures but the way the cab sets just doesn't look factory.

attachicon.gifimg_2858HB.jpg

It appears the fender top has been raised. Compare the wheel opening to top of fender (it looks greater) and the grille looks taller. The top of the grille looks in the same position on the cab so the cab has not been modified. The big a$$ bumper makes it look taller too.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I agree about the green and brown high binder. It looks strange. The fenders are higher than on the other trucks.

My father just called an N model Ford a two story falcon a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember hearing that growing up.

I said the Reo was the china closet, but it was really the Diamond T. I don't know if they had a knick name for the Reo's.

Here is a better better picture of my AC pumper since someone asked about it even though it has nothing to do with cabovers.

post-7810-0-14753500-1359813839_thumb.jp

Mike

Glad to see its still around! personally i would have left it as is (was) i remember it sounded great! i want to say it was either a 220 or 250 Cummins?. this truck was also on the cover of Wheels Of Time some years ago................................Mark

Mark' Member that guy I told you that I would work for sometimes, Spiegel Trucking? (would buy all those old APA truck's)! Well he had one of those IH's with a C-180 Cummins motor! (Small motor with a supercharger on it)

Ernie DS

I had the chance to see the Corbett's up close at their owner's place in N. Carolina. It was so tall I could not even reach the door handle to open the door.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Hey this one (1958 H-67) was pretty damn tall to me! Course,I was just a wee lad of 13 at the time! She was my first love........well,kinda........you know what I mean! Don't remember my hair being that long, though. :rolleyes:

post-510-0-14019300-1359822412_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Hey this one (1958 H-67) was pretty damn tall to me! Course,I was just a wee lad of 13 at the time! She was my first love........well,kinda........you know what I mean! Don't remember my hair being that long, though. :rolleyes:

Nice mullet. I hear they are back in. The H76 is neat too. Mike

• Like 1

Mark' Member that guy I told you that I would work for sometimes, Spiegel Trucking? (would buy all those old APA truck's)! Well he had one of those IH's with a C-180 Cummins motor! (Small motor with a supercharger on it)

Ernie DS

Granpop had a friend that had one like this,it was a gasjob,i only ever seen a couple those IH's in person,pretty sure that green and gold one in the pictures was a 220 or 250 Cummins?............................................Mark

post-5836-0-58998800-1359833783.jpg

I took this one in Greensboro a few years ago. Told Jo to stand beside it for a height comparison. She's only 5' 1" though.

Somewhere a long time ago I read a story about these Corbitt's.Seems that a trucking company by the name of Turner rebuilt at least one LJ Mack into a homemade cabover,repowering it with a English Gardner diesel. Then Corbitt sent there engineers to look it over and they came up with their cabover. Then,supposedly Mack engineers looked over the Corbitt and came up with the H-61.Anybody else remember seeing that article??