Mack Days 2013 at Gerhart's- October 4th and 5th

Your right i might have to borrow my wifes GPS :pat:

Just follow the black tire marks on the pavement. :tease:

BTW, earlier this week I saw a friend who works at the Mack Customer Center. Customers want to know about the black tire marks on the hill.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Just follow the black tire marks on the pavement. :tease:

BTW, earlier this week I saw a friend who works at the Mack Customer Center. Customers want to know about the back tire marks on the hill.

Yes, they are fading a bit. I was told they are quite a conversation piece when prospective customers are driving the track.

I guess they will have to be refreshed this year at Mack Trucktoberfest...

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 weeks later...

It was just brought to my attention, that since many more Pennsylvania bridges have been posted with weight limits, a bridge on route 501 between route 322 (Brickerville) and Newport Road, just north of Lititz, has a newly posted limit of 19 tons, 24 tons for combinations.

A possible alternate may be 322 east to Clay Road south, onto Brunnerville Road. I will check that out tomorrow. Another alternate route is route 772 / Newport road west from Brownstown exit on route 222 (222 / 272 / 772 jct)

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Leslie, we are planning on being at Gerharts with the bus. What are the camping arrangements? Are reservations needed? Any hookups? etc.

Denny - You will have a special place at the show. Dave Igou or Doug Maney can give you the details.

Ken

Where is Lilitz located at in Pa.? I wouldn't mind checking this place out. Looks like they have a lot of real cool old cranes and equiptment. There prices are a little highland there website but I'd still like to go and browse.

Lititz is located in Lancaster County in SE PA (east and south of Harrisburg).

http://www.lititzpa.com/directions.php

Ken

I am getting concerned. I was supposed to get the General back last Friday. Its now week later and still no word on the status. I left a message today so hopefully someone will call me back. I'll be VERY pissed if I am unable to drive her out next weekend.

Leslie, we are planning on being at Gerharts with the bus. What are the camping arrangements? Are reservations needed? Any hookups? etc.

Was going to go down Thursday night, Dave Igou told me they are very busy and lots of stuff outside the shop and not to bring the camper until Friday...

No hook ups, people normally back up to the shop and park there...

I am ready to head east (wasn't that a group?) on Turdsday morning.

Don't forget the Clambake at Gerhart's on Friday evening - excellent!!

I am planning to eat breakfast at Lititz Family Cupboard on Saturday morning. They open at 6a (O'dark 30). The stuffit buffit is great! You all are welcome to join me. It is just a few miles from Gerhart's.

http://lititzfamilycupboard.com/

Ken

Well it's official the General is not making it. It's still at the shop and theres not enough time to get it back and give it a few test runs. Plus we have to get a blood test done on our cat whos getting chemotheropy on Sat morning so we won't get to the show until around 1 so I am also missing the group picture.

Months of planning fall apart in a matter of a couple days.