2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

far as I knew hawthorne was booked up as of Tuesday. my cousin called lookin for rooms. im sure other hotels have vacancies just DONT stay at the shithole Rodeway in in Allentown

Mmmm... Looks like I don't have many chances to change my future location.

Will try tomorrow.

What reason I sould follow while looking for?

Away from big roads?

Or big citys?

I too sorry don't know the environment so see no difference looking over a hotel.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I am hoping to get the General there for the show. I am having a problem keeping the drivers door closed. If I hit a bump (and the sucker shakes like a Futher Mucker) the door pops open. Nothing something I want to happen on the PA Turnpike at 65mph. Still plugging away though. I got all new bulbs for the truck. I have to replace the rear taillights (univeral cheap ones) since they were all rusted on the inside. If I can get those things taken care of, as well as the coolant leak at a gasket at the two water necks into the radiator I have a damn good shot of driving the ol girl up there. If not, its motorcycle riding!

I am hoping to get the General there for the show. I am having a problem keeping the drivers door closed. If I hit a bump (and the sucker shakes like a Futher Mucker) the door pops open.

Thats because something's bent outta whack from all the drivers over the years closing the doors on their fingers (on purpose) to keep their minds off the noise of the weed eater under the hood....

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Actually what you SHOULD do is drain out all the crankcase oil, adjust the governor until you can maintain 4000rpms, start it and let it run up and hold 4K until the problems solve themselves. Then install a 300 Maxidyne. Problem solved.

Hmmm...a Mack in a GM? That would be different.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

You should fashion a funnel from the air box to the crankcase, kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Tim

Tim, I am a Detroit fan but do not own one. I thought I remembered something about your recommendation and that it should not be done. I found the following on the ATHS website and it was written by a very knowledgeable Detroit man. He is recommending drain cans.

I'm surprised that parts kit would be available as Detroit discontinued routing airbox drains back to the pan in the early 80s . Because if a head cracked, or water grommet leaked , or water pump drain [early water pumps only] was stopped up, you could get water in the airbox and dump it in the pan............then wiping out main bearings . I could reference the DD service letter if I was home, but am in Az. JT was a high performance marine engine distributer and probably pacified owners of pleasure craft by continuing to offer that kit . An engine like JT might sell for pleasure craft might be rated double the automotive rating and could produce more obnoxious slobber. Just my 2 cents !

As for Barry's idea with glass bowls, as soon as the black oil covers the glass, you won't be able to see through the glass anyway ! PVC plastic, cheap and dirty, make one for each side........or just one and run 2 hoses in to it .........make sure you don't forget to drain it as I have !Then you still have to wash off the oil on trailed vehicles .

CRAP, TWO WEEKS! My bro in law said he might stop at my shop later and give me a hand power washing the back frame, install the lights and the new Kysor shut down air cylinder. Then have to take it out on the road to improve my shifting skills on the Roadranger.

Need to get this thing ready.

Yeah Sunday I start checking the weather from LVI airport to see what it will look like on Saturday..Cant wait to get back home for the weekend..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

We are planning on being there SATURDAY only! We extended hours at the shop but don't have the man power to pull off a 2 day show! Someone has to watch the shop and my guys aren't up to 16 hour shifts! LOL!

We are able to schedule everything out and are going to be at the show Friday and Saturday! See you there!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Yeah Sunday I start checking the weather from LVI airport to see what it will look like on Saturday..Cant wait to get back home for the weekend..

Hurricane remnants gonna slam this area Friday through ssaturday morning. Gonna send a lot of people home. The shows gonna be a wash

We are planning on being there SATURDAY only! We extended hours at the shop but don't have the man power to pull off a 2 day show! Someone has to watch the shop and my guys aren't up to 16 hour shifts! LOL!

Barry, do you plan to bring Watt's Branded t-shirts?? I too hope to get some flames.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hurricane remnants gonna slam this area Friday through ssaturday morning. Gonna send a lot of people home. The shows gonna be a wash

That is this weekend; the show is next weekend.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

If anyone is going to be in Macungie on Thursday night...let's get together for dinner. I already contacted fxfymn (Carl) and like me, always ready to eat. I am still planning to pull the trailer so I will be parked in the truck/trailer area. Of course you can't miss the MH.

Randy (FWD) - how far is TK from the show?

I am staying at the Hawthorne Suites in Fogelsville.

Don't forget - BMT group photo at 12Noon on Saturday. Meet at Watt's tent.

Denny (DCR) mentioned a group gathering on Saturday, I believe at 2pm.

I sure hope we have time to look at the trucks!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

If anyone is going to be in Macungie on Thursday night...let's get together for dinner. I already contacted fxfymn (Carl) and like me, always ready to eat. I am still planning to pull the trailer so I will be parked in the truck/trailer area. Of course you can't miss the MH.

Randy (FWD) - how far is TK from the show?

TK is located in Allentown, just off I-78 at the Lehigh Street exit- same exit for the Mack Museum and Queen City Airport. As-the-crow-flies mileage from the show....I would say 10-15 miles at least.

Vlad and his son will arrive in the area on Thursday afternoon, he has a hotel in Allentown, we have tentative plans to get together when I get home from work on Thurs, and also tentative plans for me to pick them up and get them to the show on Friday.

So yes a Thursday evening meet at the TK may be in order- his 12 year old son's eyes will be big from his first trip to America, we may as well pollute them with visions from the TK show the young man the meaning of capitalism and the young ladies working their way through nun school.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS