2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

Glad to announce i will finally be able to attend Macungie this year (1st time,depite living in Jersey 46 years!) i decided i needed a break (well my wife did anyway) so i am looking forward to coming,and maybe finally put a face to some of the names here on BMT! will be there at least for Saturday....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Glad to announce i will finally be able to attend Macungie this year (1st time,depite living in Jersey 46 years!) i decided i needed a break (well my wife did anyway) so i am looking forward to coming,and maybe finally put a face to some of the names here on BMT! will be there at least for Saturday....................................Mark

Dont forget to meet at the Watts tent at 12:00. And if anyone brings backpacks, or coolers or anything, and you DONT bring your own truck (hence a place to store your gear) you are welcome to stash your stuff with the F.W.D. with the understanding that I am not responsible. Also you are welcome to bring a folding chair and gather 'round my table under my tent for some shady bullshitting out of the sun.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

does anyone know if Mack is planning on having Macktoberfest again this year?

I would be surprised if they do not the way everyone was talking when we there last year.

Doug Maney?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Trucktoberfest planning is underway. Due to some scheduling conflicts at the Mack Customer Center, it will only be one day, Saturday October 26th.

Those of you traveling from farther away will have access to the Customer Center in the afternoon. More information to follow.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

98? dunno if i wanna see that in a B model. i have had her up to 78 tho against the governor. all shes got haha. steerin wheel shakes a little at 75-78 tho haha. still has a 54 year old 50mph front axle under her haha

98 is nothing. A guy i know has my grandfathers 1952 LJ with a integrated sleeper. He has 3 differentials for it. A 45mph, a 65mph, and a 112mph. Imagine going 112 in a LJ :tease:

Matt

• 1 month later...

Don't worry too much, I'll try to find out a correct bus wich comes straight to TK on Thursday evening.

By the way I looked over plane tickets, looks like I'll arrive in Newark.

Car rents are also good. Very reasonable for whole a week if not in NYC.

The current point is a hotel.

Ken has the trailer of course but who knows he will bring it or resolved to stay with it right near TK :whistling:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

You can send the photo of the truck to me at dmaney@comcast.net. This is done mainly to keep newer trucks from entering the show field that the driver is just looking for a place to park. We make sure to give special consideration to brands or models that are no longer in production.

As far as weapons in the park, I am not aware of any restrictions. I can't say I have ever seen anyone carrying but I would not be surprised if there are numerous firearms on the property during the ATCA National Meet. I can't recall seeing any signs notifying visitors that weapons are not permitted and I just reviewed the website and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Doug

Doug,

I just sent you an email.

Thanks, Josh

Don't worry too much, I'll try to find out a correct bus wich comes straight to TK on Thursday evening.

By the way I looked over plane tickets, looks like I'll arrive in Newark.

Car rents are also good. Very reasonable for whole a week if not in NYC.

The current point is a hotel.

Ken has the trailer of course but who knows he will bring it or resolved to stay with it right near TK :whistling:

A guy stayed in the sleeper of my father's Superliner at Trucktober fest. It was too late for him to drive home and he was going to sleep on the front seat of his little REO. We will have several trucks with sleepers that we could "rent" out if anyone is desperate. It might get hot in there though. If Ken is serious about the trailer I could bring a sleeping bag and inflatable mattress for you. It sounds like the price is right. Mike

Still plenty of hotel rooms available according to hotels.com. Hawthorn Suites, Fogelsville or Homewood Suites Allentown West are both close and reasonably priced. And both of these properties are popular with show attendees so I'm sure you can catch a ride with someone if you need to.

It is in the 90's there right now, so I'm not so sure you want to hole up somewhere without a/c for the entire week end. Of course it could be in the fifties during the show; who knows?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Mike, thank you for your care, I was not serious about the trailer, just kidding.

It looked from the web there were not many free rooms in the neighbourhood a week ago.

I found out one for me in Hotel Knights Inn&Suites Allentown, near the airport.

Hope it will be Ok, does anybody know anything about that point?

As for a crue ride I'm not shure I'll be easy to be catched up.

I'll be with my sun of 12 years old.

Do I suppose right there must be two persons only in a truck cab?

Mike, thank you for your care, I was not serious about the trailer, just kidding.

It looked from the web there were not many free rooms in the neighbourhood a week ago.

I found out one for me in Hotel Knights Inn&Suites Allentown, near the airport.

Hope it will be Ok, does anybody know anything about that point?

As for a crue ride I'm not shure I'll be easy to be catched up.

I'll be with my sun of 12 years old.

Do I suppose right there must be two persons only in a truck cab?

Vlad I dropped the ball, I was supposed to look into the Hawthorne Suites for you a few weeks ago, I totally forgot. I will call those hotels closer to Macungie and see if I can get you something closer for a reasonable price. The further away from Allentown you are, the better....If you know what I mean.

And yes here in America every passenger must have his/her own seat with a seatbelt. I can pick you up on Friday morning in the FWD (it will be a bit cramped but we can do it.) I plan on attending the barbeque/banquet on Friday Night, which I did sign you and your son up for under my name, it's no big deal if you don't attend. My wife and youngest son will be there as well. When we leave Friday night, we can give you a ride back to your hotel in the car, I leave the FWD there overnight. Saturday morning my father and I can pick you up in his car and get you there. Saturday night we go out to dinner at a local pub with some truck friends including an author friend who has written several books about American Truck Builders- you are of course welcome to have dinner with us if you'd like.

Remember when you get to the states to locate and buy a pre-paid cell phone. I am going to private message you my contact information so that you have someone to call in case if you get into trouble and need help!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Sounds like a plan Randy, I'd too like to keep all of your intertainments by the way.

A ride in FWD is cool also. (I don't mean cold :) )

I pre-payed that hotel. I looked over other places observing both the map but resolved to stay there being afraid to miss any point.

It also seemed to me it's not as far from the show ground, nearly the same distance as from Hawthorn Suites, wich had no rooms for the dates.

Don't really know why Allentown is a bad place, although I thought it's not quite good to stay overnight near the planes landing zone.

I bougt the plane tickets, my arrival date is on Monday, 10, in Newark. Going to spend a couple of days in NYC and visit my old friend who lives in NJ near the river side.

Thursday will be the time to head up to Allentown. Yea, let me know the point in NJ where I can catch the correct bus to.

I also forgot to do many important things being prepaired for the trip.

Had to spend much time working on my car. Yes, I need the car for this story also :)

Hope to see you and many other BMT folks soon!