2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

I'm pretty sure there would be some issues with some state and federal folks if I wore a nametag. I could tell ya but then id have to kill ya! LOL!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Antique trucks are considered 25 years or older. If you have a newer truck you can send by email a photo and we will review it and let you know if it would be able to be shown in the special interest area as well.

For more information

Www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

A Philly cheese steak in Macungie?? I was born and raised and lived most of my life in Philly. I moved "up north" about 10 years ago, and let me tell you something, I have been searching for a cheese steak that even comes CLOSE to what you get in Philly- these Dutchies (derogatory term for Pa. Dutch folks) wouldnt know a proper cheese steak if it slapped them across the face. One time I ordered one and got pickles on it......You could get your ass kicked in Philly for that!!!!

You are right. I have had better cheese steaks at the jersey shore than anyplace by Allentown.

A great place to get something to eat that is a little bit different is at the farmer's market located at the State Fairgrounds in downtown Allentown. Lots of booths and small counters to get a good meal at a good price.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You are right. I have had better cheese steaks at the jersey shore than anyplace by Allentown.

As a midwest guy,the food at the Macungie Pub was great! And the beer was cold!.I was a happy "truck show attendee" by the time I left that place! Authentic or not,I was in good shape!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Doug I got a quick question for ya, I have a TN handgun carry permit and PA honors such, what about the atca or the show grounds are they any restrictions for carry permit holders?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nope, not you Ron, I like to make sure Im legal before I go somewhere, I have carried legally for 13 years now and since TN permits are reciprocal with most states Im ok most of the time but you never know. I know PA is reciprocal and from what I can find online, legal carry in Magungie parks is allowed but some groups frown on it and if my second amendment rights are infringed I dont participate. I wont go to Outback restaurant anymore since they posted no weapons, theres actually a list on TGO.com of carry prohibited locations that most of the TGO members will not do any business with. Im just funny like that, I have some things I just wont bend on and the constitution is one of them, thats why Im all for buying from Watts Mack they actually sell Gun lubes, I bought a set last time I made an order and if I need other Mack parts Ill see if I can order from them first, and my local dealer second since they are not posted but I have been questioned while there by management (Bill, Staxx) why I need to carry. I actually wont go to any events in my hometown parks because of their no guns in parks rule, having a sign at the entrance to a park that says no guns allowed means two different things, to the legal gun owner it means I have to take my gun home first, to the theif it means I wont get shot here if I rob someone! Thats the part aout gun control liberals in Washington just dont get, more gun laws just means law abiding gun owners cant defend themselves from the theives that are already commiting a crime so why would they care if they use a stole gun in a robbery!

Ron, I would actually love to talk old trucks with you, it seems you are a wealth of info and thats how I learned wht I know now is listening to those smarter than me, or those that have just been there and done that!

A Philly cheese steak in Macungie?? I was born and raised and lived most of my life in Philly. I moved "up north" about 10 years ago, and let me tell you something, I have been searching for a cheese steak that even comes CLOSE to what you get in Philly- these Dutchies (derogatory term for Pa. Dutch folks) wouldnt know a proper cheese steak if it slapped them across the face. One time I ordered one and got pickles on it......You could get your ass kicked in Philly for that!!!!

LMAO! i know just what you mean! growing up in South Jersey, we moved "down south" a few years back,went to a local "sub-shop" i ordered the closest thing i could find to an Italian Sub, "ya'll want mayonaise on that"? WTF? NO!!!!!!!!! you putting mayo on an Itaian sub in Jersey would be blasphemy! just is'nt done! you could get you ass kicked for just the suggestion!...........................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

LMAO! i know just what you mean! growing up in South Jersey, we moved "down south" a few years back,went to a local "sub-shop" i ordered the closest thing i could find to an Italian Sub, "ya'll want mayonaise on that"? WTF? NO!!!!!!!!! you putting mayo on an Itaian sub in Jersey would be blasphemy! just is'nt done! you could get you ass kicked for just the suggestion!...........................................Mark

Wonder what they would have done if you asked for a hoagie?

Ron

I went to a place in Carrol, Iowa once a few years back. They had a "Philly Cheese Steak" on the menu, so just for amusement I asked the waitress what it was. After I got done laughing my ass off I said "uhhhh, no thanks." Seems I offended someone because the Manager came out and asked what was wrong with the Philly Cheese Steak. So I said "well, let me start by saying that I am from Philly. And Green peppers and swiss cheese do NOT make a Philly cheese steak. The mention of either could and would get your ass kicked in South Philly!"

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I went to a place in Carrol, Iowa once a few years back. They had a "Philly Cheese Steak" on the menu, so just for amusement I asked the waitress what it was. After I got done laughing my ass off I said "uhhhh, no thanks." Seems I offended someone because the Manager came out and asked what was wrong with the Philly Cheese Steak. So I said "well, let me start by saying that I am from Philly. And Green peppers and swiss cheese do NOT make a Philly cheese steak. The mention of either could and would get your ass kicked in South Philly!"

"Wid or Widout" only!.............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You can send the photo of the truck to me at dmaney@comcast.net. This is done mainly to keep newer trucks from entering the show field that the driver is just looking for a place to park. We make sure to give special consideration to brands or models that are no longer in production.

As far as weapons in the park, I am not aware of any restrictions. I can't say I have ever seen anyone carrying but I would not be surprised if there are numerous firearms on the property during the ATCA National Meet. I can't recall seeing any signs notifying visitors that weapons are not permitted and I just reviewed the website and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Thanks, some clubs/ organizations have rules about that stuff and if I'm driving over 800 miles I'm gonna know ahead of time. I already have to go the long way thru KY since MD is a no no state for guns.

You grew up in Wind Gap? Are you familiar with Amerman Lumber? It is a friend's family business. It is on the same road as Beers. They have a B20 or B30 rusting away. I bought parts of a Brockway 761 and an Oliver HG 68 from them. Mike

It was on Male Road I believe..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

I was asked in Texas if I wanted mayo on a cheese steak..I said son you put mayo on that and I`ll throw it at you...

• Like 2

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

• 3 weeks later...

Is the property fenced so no one can enter? Is there anything left inside? I am going to see my friend at TMC and MATS next month and will ask him the possibility of getting on property with a truck to take some pics in front of the buildings. They would make a great background.

I talked to my Mack friend (Jerry W) at TMC last week. I told him of our "desire" to drive trucks to the WHQ and take pictures on Sunday morning. He liked the idea and said it should not be a problem. But the old assembly plant and property were sold and is now a warehouse. The property is fenced with no access so we can't get any pics there. Unless someone wants to run the gate. A "Mack Convoy"?? Maybe some local BMT members could do some surveillance.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I talked to my Mack friend (Jerry W) at TMC last week. I told him of our "desire" to drive trucks to the WHQ and take pictures on Sunday morning. He liked the idea and said it should not be a problem. But the old assembly plant and property were sold and is now a warehouse. The property is fenced with no access so we can't get any pics there. Unless someone wants to run the gate. A "Mack Convoy"?? Maybe some local BMT members could do some surveillance.

Who's got the bull bar on their truck??? Hahaha.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg