2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

Fogelsville Inn...maybe I will try it this year. I usually go to Gregory's near the airport. Great food there too but can be a drive especially with traffic on 22.

Ummmm......aint so great any more.......the three sides of the fire triangle came together there a few weeks ago.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have three possibilities for the show...(ranked in order of desire!)

Pull the camper with the Superdog and stay Friday and Saturday

Bring the Superdog Saturday Morning and leave Saturday night

Pull the camper with the pickup and stay Friday and Saturday

And if the camper comes, a rental golf cart if I can find one! I have five or six hundered Superliner pictures to take!

Depends mostly on if I get a hitch built and tested on the Mack in time! I hate to miss out on dinner Friday night! The ATCA puts on a hell of a feast...if you plan to eat let Doug know!!!!!! I guess last year 20 people registered for dinner Friday and 400 showed up (slight exaggeration)! They handled it and there was food a-plenty!! Just DONT FORGET TO DONATE IN ONE OF THE MANY BUCKETS FLOATING AROUND FOR DINNER (Doug will have one)! Give till it hurts! There was so much food and desserts there last year that dinner was well worth $20!!! It is all donated by the local ATCA chapter so if you like it, pay up!

I have three possibilities for the show...(ranked in order of desire!)

Pull the camper with the Superdog and stay Friday and Saturday

Bring the Superdog Saturday Morning and leave Saturday night

Pull the camper with the pickup and stay Friday and Saturday

And if the camper comes, a rental golf cart if I can find one! I have five or six hundered Superliner pictures to take!

Depends mostly on if I get a hitch built and tested on the Mack in time! I hate to miss out on dinner Friday night! The ATCA puts on a hell of a feast...if you plan to eat let Doug know!!!!!! I guess last year 20 people registered for dinner Friday and 400 showed up (slight exaggeration)! They handled it and there was food a-plenty!! Just DONT FORGET TO DONATE IN ONE OF THE MANY BUCKETS FLOATING AROUND FOR DINNER (Doug will have one)! Give till it hurts! There was so much food and desserts there last year that dinner was well worth $20!!! It is all donated by the local ATCA chapter so if you like it, pay up!

Thanks for the sales pitch! You were close on you numbers, 75 people registered and we fed 375. As you can see we know to anticipate a larger number of Truckin" Nuts! Please refer to the information in Double Clutch and make sure to call and sign up. All members and guests are welcome, we simply need to know how much food to buy.

Hope to see you there, If I don't, you don't know what your are missing!

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Guys at the risk of being laughed at i have never been to this show or any truck show. How long a ride from NYC to the show and could i go for the day ? Can i buy old brochures and pictures

Ponder this, its over 800 miles from my house and I'm trying to make sure my stuff is in order so I can go! Think about my fuel bill in a V8 Superliner from TN!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I actually got the same mileage wit my last E9 as I did my last E7, both kinda turned up a bit!But both got 6.2-6.8mpg every time I checked. Out of curiosity what's the trailer parking situation like, if I make it I'll be toting an old L&N piggyback trailer or a lowboy(with more Mack's), I'm not driving 800+ miles on unloaded 44k camelbacks! And I would need mine for Transportation to the motel, I saw a golf cart post are they ok with personal rides like that I have a Gator that would be nice after a few hours?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

we almost always go to the macungie pub for lunch sat and a phily cheesesteak. friday or sat night we went to a rest or steakhouse a few blocks up from the park . cant remember the name of it but i think the bus goes way up around the block when you come back and we drove past it. think its up by the school?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

we almost always go to the macungie pub for lunch sat and a phily cheesesteak.

A Philly cheese steak in Macungie?? I was born and raised and lived most of my life in Philly. I moved "up north" about 10 years ago, and let me tell you something, I have been searching for a cheese steak that even comes CLOSE to what you get in Philly- these Dutchies (derogatory term for Pa. Dutch folks) wouldnt know a proper cheese steak if it slapped them across the face. One time I ordered one and got pickles on it......You could get your ass kicked in Philly for that!!!!

Randy,

Now thats the best comment from you in awhile and true statement! I got a good laugh from that one!

If we could only get you to stop bitchin about the screamin demon detroits and the price of gas to drive your truck would be good.

and If your truck had a detroit it wouldn't cost you as much to run and you could drive it more places and be seen and not just heard on the site!

Firemack

Randy,

If we could only get you to stop bitchin about the screamin demon detroits and the price of gas to drive your truck would be good.

and If your truck had a detroit it wouldn't cost you as much to run and you could drive it more places and be seen and not just heard on the site!

Firemack

dousing.gif

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

A Philly cheese steak in Macungie?? I was born and raised and lived most of my life in Philly. I moved "up north" about 10 years ago, and let me tell you something, I have been searching for a cheese steak that even comes CLOSE to what you get in Philly- these Dutchies (derogatory term for Pa. Dutch folks) wouldnt know a proper cheese steak if it slapped them across the face. One time I ordered one and got pickles on it......You could get your ass kicked in Philly for that!!!!

Philly cheese steak = beef and cheese samwich. :whistling:

Just give me some good pork and saurkraut and shoofly pie. :twothumbsup:

Ken

I actually got the same mileage wit my last E9 as I did my last E7, both kinda turned up a bit!But both got 6.2-6.8mpg every time I checked. Out of curiosity what's the trailer parking situation like, if I make it I'll be toting an old L&N piggyback trailer or a lowboy(with more Mack's), I'm not driving 800+ miles on unloaded 44k camelbacks! And I would need mine for Transportation to the motel, I saw a golf cart post are they ok with personal rides like that I have a Gator that would be nice after a few hours?

????????????????

Randy,

Now thats the best comment from you in awhile and true statement! I got a good laugh from that one!

Firemack

While that may be true, it would take me seven forevers to get there- I have a 3200rpm engine right now......Swap out to one of those 2-cycle mechanical assholes means going from 60MPH down to maybe 40-45???? Now, before you say "well swap out the axles" remember that I have TWO to swap out........

IF (and thats a big IF) I ever have to do major surgery, she will be converted to an oil burner, but it will be a 3208 Cat....They have a factory remanufactured road version that has an almost identical horsepower and torque curve that is a 2800rpm engine. And before anyone says anything about that engine being a boat anchor I remind you I am not delivering freight on a daily basis and 500 miles in one year would be a busy year!!

As long as Detroits continue to be loud, obnoxious, oil-dripping, smoke-blowing 2-cycle lawn boy wanne be mechanical assholes I'll continue to rant!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

What do a green banana and a detroit have in common??? THEY AINT WORTH SHIT UNTIL THEY TURN YELLOW!!!!

????????????????

If you're looking for an answer on the gator, in past years it has been OK. They asked that they be registered at the show. (don't know if they want proof of insurance - may be covered by your auto policy) Maybe Doug Maney will see this and let you know for sure.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

we almost always go to the macungie pub for lunch sat and a phily cheesesteak. friday or sat night we went to a rest or steakhouse a few blocks up from the park . cant remember the name of it but i think the bus goes way up around the block when you come back and we drove past it. think its up by the school?

The Buckeye Tavern? It's an old building (barn),right Matt? If thats the same place you're talkinhg about.The food/service was real good a couple years back, anyway.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

If you're looking for an answer on the gator, in past years it has been OK. They asked that they be registered at the show. (don't know if they want proof of insurance - may be covered by your auto policy) Maybe Doug Maney will see this and let you know for sure.

Thanks, I am gonna guess they have room for trailers too, I hope so cause I ain't bouncing that far I'll have a 40' van or a 45' lowboy.

Golf carts and similar vehicles are allowed at the ATCA National Meet. They must be registered at the registration booth. We require a cell number so that if the cart gets parked somewhere where it should not be, we can track you down.

There is trailer parking for transport trailers and extremely limited parking for combinations. This year the Combination area will be restricted more so than in the past due to the large number of transport trailers filling it up.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

10-4, got plenty to do before I can make it but I'm trying!

Last year at Macungie my wife and I had an "Open House" at our bus in the camping area. We are planning to have it again this year. Most likely it will be Saturday afternoon. All BMT members and friends are invited to partake in refreshments and friendship. More info as we get closer to the date.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Last year at Macungie my wife and I had an "Open House" at our bus in the camping area. We are planning to have it again this year. Most likely it will be Saturday afternoon. All BMT members and friends are invited to partake in refreshments and friendship. More info as we get closer to the date.

Let me know if I can bring anything. I live locally so going to the store isn't a problem. Would be my pleasure to contribute. A couple of cases of beer err ahh I mean water or sodas or whatever....Case of hot dogs or burgers or something?? Name it.

Let me know if I can bring anything. I live locally so going to the store isn't a problem. Would be my pleasure to contribute. A couple of cases of beer err ahh I mean water or sodas or whatever....Case of hot dogs or burgers or something?? Name it.

Denny (and Ruth Ann) - enjoyed your "open house" last year. I am also willing to contribute. No reason for you to bear the total cost.

Ken