2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

Here is a pic of the Bulldog (that was on the WHQ) at the Customer Center. I have some pics of the Bulldog being removed from the WHQ but must be on my other computer. I will post if I find them. I thought there was a post on BMT about the removal. I will keep searching!

I'm pretty sure there is a post about the removal of the Bulldog,i just cant find it either! (computer retarded)...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Guys at the risk of being laughed at i have never been to this show or any truck show. How long a ride from NYC to the show and could i go for the day ? Can i buy old brochures and pictures

Don't worry about being laughed at. It seems there are many who have never been to the ATCA National Meet at Macungie. It is referred to as the "greatest antique truck show in the world", well worth the ride from NYC. Macungie is near Allentown and should only be around a 2 to 3 hour drive from NYC. There is a fantastic truck related flea-market that is always full of great truck related items including brochures and pictures. I don't think you will regret making the trip and I would think that once you come to the show, you will never miss it again. See you there!

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Guys at the risk of being laughed at i have never been to this show or any truck show. How long a ride from NYC to the show and could i go for the day ? Can i buy old brochures and pictures

I have a friend that comes from Yonkers every year, with his buddy and the buddy's father who is a retired supervising mechanic for NYC Dept of Sanitation. They come every year on Saturday. It's an easy ride from the NYC area, however you would get to Interstate 78, into Pennsylvania past Allentown to the exit for Route 100. From the NYC area I would say 2.5hrs in early Saturday AM traffic. Yes the flea market is huge, you can buy almost anything truck related from brochures to spare parts to hats/tshirts to memoriabilia. You can hop a bus from the show ground in Macungie (free) which takes you to Mack's Macungie Plant and do your own "walking" tour of the assembly line which is shut down- wear comfy shoes it's over a mile walk. Then the bus will take you to the Mack Museum, and back to the show grounds. For you, if you want to save time, come to the show and then drive your car to the plant, then the museum as you have to pass them to leave. Oh and the show usually has 600+ trucks. If thats not good enough for you I dont know what is!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Here is a pic of the Bulldog (that was on the WHQ) at the Customer Center. I have some pics of the Bulldog being removed from the WHQ but must be on my other computer. I will post if I find them. I thought there was a post on BMT about the removal. I will keep searching!

I'm pretty sure there is a post about the removal of the Bulldog,i just cant find it either! (computer retarded)...........................................Mark

I finally found the thread about moving the Dog from Allentown to Greensboro.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/10191-moving-the-dog/?hl=+world+headquarters

But it does not show any pics of "removing the Dog from the WHQ". I will keep looking.

post-3289-0-07349200-1360712687_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Dont think my wife would enjoy it all that much

Yes, please- for the love of god- Macungie is a day not to be mired by those who have no love of trucks. If you dont think she'll have a good time, she wont. Leave her at home. My wife and I have an understanding- I dont make HER go to any truck/firetruck/car shows and she doesnt make me go to any of her Longaberger Basket Shows. (although I will give her credit- she usually brings the kids over to Macungie later in the afternoon because she knows both myself and my father enjoy having them there for the fathers day aspect of it.....)

Be prepared for a long, hot day. Dress comfy, wear a good hat and sunscreen. There is food and drinks for sale, but you might want to pack a small cooler with drinks- I always have a large cooler with bottles of water for BMT and other friends who stop by- as long as they stop telling people I put a Detroit under the hood of the FWD.

• Like 2

Question to you guys, thinking on bringing my Superliner down there for (1) Its first time out in public to be looked at and (2nd) what day do you need to move the truck in on. I know with the B-61 we moved it into Springfield on the day before show started and left if there. Ithought I would drive down on thurs after work and have truck there for fri morning and take it home on Sat at close of show if you can do that. Any thoughts welcome.

Question to you guys, thinking on bringing my Superliner down there for (1) Its first time out in public to be looked at and (2nd) what day do you need to move the truck in on. I know with the B-61 we moved it into Springfield on the day before show started and left if there. Ithought I would drive down on thurs after work and have truck there for fri morning and take it home on Sat at close of show if you can do that. Any thoughts welcome.

YES. You can come in Thurs OR Fri and leave on Saturday- which is when most folks take up- But I recommend timing it so that you dont depart Sat until late, say after 4-5pm, any earlier it's a tight zoo. Also recommend pre-registration, because the wait times to get in Thurs/Fri (and especially Sat AM) can be a while- if you pre-register you usually drive right in and maybe wait 2-3 trucks deep and no more than 5 mins.

How long does it take to get from central CT to Macungie?

Macungie is located on Route 100 about 10 miles south of I-78 (100 is exit 49.) I dont know the street address of Macungie Memorial Park, so use the street address of the firehouse which is right across the street- 31 S. Walnut Street, Macungie Pa. 18062.

I finally found the thread about moving the Dog from Allentown to Greensboro.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/10191-moving-the-dog/?hl=+world+headquarters

But it does not show any pics of "removing the Dog from the WHQ". I will keep looking.

I think this is the picture you're looking for Ken

August 11, 2010

Ron

post-8482-0-93618300-1360725161_thumb.jp

the Macungie show isnt like the Springfield national show. at the Nationals they ask you to come early and when you leave, leave pretty much. they dont really want you driving you truck around for insurance reasons i think. you can come and go as you please at macungie i think. not a big deal, i dont think they want us convoying around the park but if your like me and gonna drive you truck down, obviously you need it for transportation to and from the motel and to eat.... and the beer store..... i know Mr Fetterlyand I are gonna have to have a few cold water sanwiches sometime...

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I think this is the picture you're looking for Ken

August 11, 2010

Ron

I have not seen this one before. I saw several "progression" pics of the removal. I think someone from Mack sent them to me. I will have to look on my OH computer (I am in PA the next couple weeks).

Ken

the Macungie show isnt like the Springfield national show. at the Nationals they ask you to come early and when you leave, leave pretty much. they dont really want you driving you truck around for insurance reasons i think. you can come and go as you please at macungie i think. not a big deal, i dont think they want us convoying around the park but if your like me and gonna drive you truck down, obviously you need it for transportation to and from the motel and to eat.... and the beer store..... i know Mr Fetterlyand I are gonna have to have a few cold water sanwiches sometime...

I had my MH only at the 2011 show. I used it as "daily" transportation from and to the hotel. I think the rules say not to remove the truck until after 4pm. I recommend pre-registration, saves time. I plan to arrive after lunch on Friday and pick up my registration. Then you can "bypass" the registration on Saturday. I arrived early on Saturday so I could keep my "spot" at the show.

There are lots of food vendors at the show but there is a great diner just across the street from Macungie Park.

Oh and don't forget...BMT group photo at 12N...meet at Watt's tent. aparat.gif

Ken

I think that diner is "The Bear Swamp Family Resturant" or something like that. Good food. We went one year down the block to the Macungie Pub (now called The Pub on Main).Sign out front said "The best clam in town" so we thought we'd go in and see what all the fuss was about. They were right! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The question usually comes up about hotels. The easiest place to stay is one of the hotels near the intersection of 100 and I-78, Exit 49-A/B. They carry Fogelsville and Allentown addresses.

I thought they were hydraulic sandwiches.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On Saturday evening I and my father usually have dinner with Robert Gabrick (a good friend, he has written about a dozen books on trucks of varying Mfr's) and his Sterling buddies over at the Fogelsville Inn which has fantastic food and good views.

Fogelsville Inn...maybe I will try it this year. I usually go to Gregory's near the airport. Great food there too but can be a drive especially with traffic on 22.

Ken