2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

that would be sweet. would like to see it myself. are any of the old assembly line buildings still standing where the B's were made?

There`s still quite a few buildings standing from the old plant. Some still have the old IM logos on them..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

There`s still quite a few buildings standing from the old plant. Some still have the old IM logos on them..

Is the property fenced so no one can enter? Is there anything left inside? I am going to see my friend at TMC and MATS next month and will ask him the possibility of getting on property with a truck to take some pics in front of the buildings. They would make a great background.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

You're right Ken.

Her name is Pat Hutchings, a very nice lady!!

When we were still in business we a had a farm we used to go to in Vera Cruz, PA. not far from Allentown.

We used to pick up brood mares there to take to Ky. to be bred.

Not much room for a tractor and trailer so we used to use a three horse Chevy straight truck if we had one mare and foal to pick up which was most of the time.

We would then bring them back to West Chester to load on a tractor and trailer with more horses for the trip to Ky.

When I had to go I always asked if I could leave early so I could go up to World Headquarters to visit the Mack shop.

Then I would stop on my way back down 29 & 100 to pick up the mare and foal.

One time I went we had to pick up two mares and foals that meant two box stalls and I had to use one of our six horse straight trucks which were CS300 Midliners.

When I entered World Headquarters that morning and said hello to Pat she asked me how I was doing and so forth.

Then straining to see out in the parking lot she asked me what I was driving? She said I know it's a horse truck but what is it.

I said it's a midliner, to which she replied Oh my!

Then I told her about the only two mistakes they made with the midliner-------

#1 making them and

#2 selling them!!!

She got quite a charge out of that!

Keep in mind this was in 2009 and the truck was either 22 or 23 years old.

They were getting pretty scarce to see!

Ron

Great stories,Ron.Love the accounts of the Z.C.R. Hansen visit! :bulldog1: A bunch of us from our area,started going to Macungie around 2001 or 2.We would always visit the HQ building as part of our trip.That woman (I presume this Pat Hutchings),was always very accomodating and remembered us every time we visited! She'd say,"here comes those guys from Illinois" when we walked in! I'll tell you,for the thousands that walked throught that door day after day,she sure has a knack for remembering faces! Glad to hear she is at the Customer Center. They had a saying years ago,"Brick and Mortar make the building,People make the company :mack1: " No truer words were ever spoken! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thanks Al

I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Hope to meet you at Macungie this year!

Ron

Hope to be there and see you and that blue ED :mack1: ! (& all the rest of you guys & your trucks!) Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Sent the reservation in and will be at the campground again. Look forward to the show.

Even though I live only 20 miles from Macungie I am tossing around the idea of tenting it this year on Friday night, just for the hell of it. Depends on how hot and humid it is......Can't sleep in humidity in my old age...lol

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

never was a fan of any of the Renault shit or the Midliners. not really Macks to me but i guess they served their purpose , kinda like a B42 haha. made my reservations at the Hawthorne suites the other night and plan on driving my B from Ny that friday morning and stayin friday and sat and leavin sunday morning. have the fiance' with me and lets say shes not a fan of Hooters or tk's haha. might have to skip that part. would love to go visit any of the old mack buildings tho from the B model days if anyone knows how to get to them or if they re still standing.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

never was a fan of any of the Renault shit or the Midliners. not really Macks to me but i guess they served their purpose , kinda like a B42 haha. made my reservations at the Hawthorne suites the other night and plan on driving my B from Ny that friday morning and stayin friday and sat and leavin sunday morning. have the fiance' with me and lets say shes not a fan of Hooters or tk's haha. might have to skip that part. would love to go visit any of the old mack buildings tho from the B model days if anyone knows how to get to them or if they re still standing.

Looking forward to seeing you in Macungie. I am staying at the Hawthorne arriving Friday after lunch and departing on Sunday morning. I know where the old WHQ and main assembly plant are located. Maybe we can go take some pics Sunday morning (and hopefully not get arrested). You will need to stop by the Macungie plant for a few pics too. It is on the way to/from the show grounds. As for Hooter or TKs....your fiance is going to be lonely. :whistling:

Ken

Bulldog that was on the front of HQ building now resides at the Mack Museum.

It must have left one hell of a "shadow" where it proudly was displayed for 40+ years ? I talked to a :mack1: guy,Jerry Warmkessel,at MATS a couple of years back.He said at that time, the bulldog was to stay on the building and it would always be known as "The :mack1: Building".Guess things must have changed,huh? A buddy of mine bought a picture from Bob Johnson a couple of years ago at Macungie, of a J.(Joe)H. Beers B model dump,putting fill around the then new HQ building.I keep buggin' him about the whereabouts of that picture!! It was cool,no sidewalks poured yet.But the B model was loaded, and in the background was the :bulldog1: !

• Like 2

It must have left one hell of a "shadow" where it proudly was displayed for 40+ years ? I talked to a :mack1: guy,Jerry Warmkessel,at MATS a couple of years back.He said at that time, the bulldog was to stay on the building and it would always be known as "The :mack1: Building".Guess things must have changed,huh? A buddy of mine bought a picture from Bob Johnson a couple of years ago at Macungie, of a J.(Joe)H. Beers B model dump,putting fill around the then new HQ building.I keep buggin' him about the whereabouts of that picture!! It was cool,no sidewalks poured yet.But the B model was loaded, and in the background was the :bulldog1: !

I`d like to see that, I grew up a few blocks from JH Beers, he was a friend of my Dads..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Hmmm, truck show, Mack tours, Tilted Kilt, BMT Mack Convoy, possible jail time for breaking and enterting at the old plant, sounds like a fun weekend to me!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hmmm, truck show, Mack tours, Tilted Kilt, BMT Mack Convoy, possible jail time for breaking and enterting at the old plant, sounds like a fun weekend to me!

I'm really thinking twice about having this group over to the house.....LOL!!! When I'm not looking, someone will install a Detroit in the FWD, all my beer will dissappear, Hooters girls and Tilted Kilt girls will show up (not that I have a problem with that, but Momma might if they dont bring buffalo wings with them.....) The neighbors will get pissed from all the bobtails doing burn-outs in the street........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I`d like to see that, I grew up a few blocks from JH Beers, he was a friend of my Dads..

You grew up in Wind Gap? Are you familiar with Amerman Lumber? It is a friend's family business. It is on the same road as Beers. They have a B20 or B30 rusting away. I bought parts of a Brockway 761 and an Oliver HG 68 from them. Mike

been going to Macungie since about 1991 but this is the first year im bringing a truck. think its about time i took my B61 back to allentown for the first time since 1959

Congrats,Matt! Only a dream for me to get the BCR there! I envy you guys that can bring your iron there!

I'm really thinking twice about having this group over to the house.....LOL!!! When I'm not looking, someone will install a Detroit in the FWD, all my beer will dissappear, Hooters girls and Tilted Kilt girls will show up (not that I have a problem with that, but Momma might if they dont bring buffalo wings with them.....) The neighbors will get pissed from all the bobtails doing burn-outs in the street........

....................And a :bulldog1: will be mysteriuosly mounted on the hood of your Clintonville Fire Bucket!! :loldude:

• Like 1

Here is a pic of the Bulldog (that was on the WHQ) at the Customer Center. I have some pics of the Bulldog being removed from the WHQ but must be on my other computer. I will post if I find them. I thought there was a post on BMT about the removal. I will keep searching!

post-3289-0-13711600-1360666299_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ken

I think Sunday morning would be a good day for a BMT Mack convoy to the old WHQ and plant.

Ken

Here is a pic of the Bulldog (that was on the WHQ) at the Customer Center. I have some pics of the Bulldog being removed from the WHQ but must be on my other computer. I will post if I find them. I thought there was a post on BMT about the removal. I will keep searching!

Thanks for posting that,Ken.There probably was a post about it,I don't get on the site as much during the busy season.