2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

Another great show!!! If you were not here you missed seeing over 600 vehicles and a lot of nice people. The weather started out rainy on Thursday but Friday and Saturday were gorgeous. Thanks to Doug and the ATCA staff for organizining and executing a great show (the Friday night potluck was awesome too). There were over 30 BMT members present for the noon photo but a few were missing (I will not mention any names). Thanks also to DCR (Denny and Ruth Ann) for the great dessert social. Actually the dessert was not very good so Leversole, fxfymn, and I had to eat extra portions just to save others (JUST KIDDING!!!!!). I am sure many on here will post pics for those who could not attend. I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Another great show!!! If you were not here you missed seeing over 600 vehicles and a lot of nice people. The weather started out rainy on Thursday but Friday and Saturday were gorgeous. Thanks to Doug and the ATCA staff for organizining and executing a great show (the Friday night potluck was awesome too). There were over 30 BMT members present for the noon photo but a few were missing (I will not mention any names). Thanks also to DCR (Denny and Ruth Ann) for the great dessert social. Actually the dessert was not very good so Leversole, fxfymn, and I had to eat extra portions just to save others (JUST KIDDING!!!!!). I am sure many on here will post pics for those who could not attend. I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

I wish I could have been there, it's just a little too far for me to travel in the old Ford Ranger. It's between 7 and 8 hours from here, the pickup has almost 140,000 miles on it, and Otherdog is about 13 years old now, and i'm ashamed to be making excuses when Vlad and Son come half way around the world...I'm hanging my head in shame...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yes, was a great show. I want to thank Doug and the ATCA people for it. Even though I didnt see Doug, because I missed the BMT photo. Yes, I missed it. The bus was a little late coming back from the museum. I got to Denny's social thing though. Met some people and talked to alot of people. Hung out with Matt the Maddog alot. Sorry if I was annoying you Matt. I also want to thank Dave Igou for bringing the U700. Damn, that thing was sweet. I took about a hundred pictures of it. Also scored some stuff for my U model in the swap meet. Got a hood latch and a set of vinyl door panels. I'm pleased.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Just got home (8:52pm) from the show and stopping at Cracker Barrel on I78 in NJ for dinner It was very nice to meet all of you guys. I have some great motivation to finish the General in a timely manor too. Denny and Ruth Ann provided a fantastic dessert for everyone and it was great to talk with everyone. Thanks to Tim and Ben for letting me climb all over there truck and Detroit advice. I passed FWD on 78 in PA going up the first hill in my Dodge Ram and beeped as we went by. I doubt he knew who we were. Mackman, I still owe you an Ice Tea so ill catch you at the next event.

Oh and I got a great lead on an R700 to look at this week. I'll be getting lots of pictures when I get there.

• Like 1

. I passed FWD on 78 in PA going up the first hill in my Dodge Ram and beeped as we went by. I doubt he knew who we were.

I dont remember giving you permission to pass me???? :whistling:

I'm downloading the 400+ pix that I took yesterday and today onto photobucket as I type this. Will prolly take 1/2 the night- in the morning I will post the link so that everyone may enjoy.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM, 475 PICTURES TAKEN BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

NOTE: A bunch of pix of "Small" just bypass obviously, there's more truck pix past him. I will edit and add comments at some point. Getting ready now to head out to get Vlad and Ilya and go see what kind of shit we can get into errr ahhh I mean see what kinds of things we can find to do today.

http://s631.photobucket.com/user/yardo1075/library/?sort=3&page=1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM, 475 PICTURES TAKEN BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

NOTE: A bunch of pix of "Small" just bypass obviously, there's more truck pix past him. I will edit and add comments at some point. Getting ready now to head out to get Vlad and Ilya and go see what kind of shit we can get into errr ahhh I mean see what kinds of things we can find to do today.

http://s631.photobucket.com/user/yardo1075/library/?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for sharing so many detailed pics for those of us that couldn't make it. :twothumbsup:

Jim

Yes, was a great show. I want to thank Doug and the ATCA people for it. Even though I didnt see Doug, because I missed the BMT photo. Yes, I missed it. The bus was a little late coming back from the museum. I got to Denny's social thing though. Met some people and talked to alot of people. Hung out with Matt the Maddog alot. Sorry if I was annoying you Matt. I also want to thank Dave Igou for bringing the U700. Damn, that thing was sweet. I took about a hundred pictures of it. Also scored some stuff for my U model in the swap meet. Got a hood latch and a set of vinyl door panels. I'm pleased.

Same problem with the bus....My Daughters wanted to tour the plant first. We made it on the first bus to the plant after 9am and didn't return till 12:10pm By the time I made it to the tent there was like 3 or 4 guys there and the Girls were all dragging me over to the table to buy them more Mack stuff! Dohhh! Good time had by all though, so well worth it. Loved finding that U700 hiding as well. Didnt get to find out what the rating was on that Cummins under the hood. Anyone have any ideas? Was that U700 an ex Roadway or something????

i passed that blue R model on the way to the pub and forgot to look at it when I came back. doh! I stayed til about 530 last night then drove back to the hotel. probably take the B again next year but might put a pair of 905 Bostrom air rides in her and take out the Viking T bar! or at least take a route to avoid Scranton on I81 and the stretch of Pa turnpike after the Lehigh tunnel! looks like you snapped a pic of me and my truck the 1st day when I had a nice shady spot under the pine tree next to the maroon Superdog , had to drive it back to the hotel and lost my good spot but had a nice spot in the center Saturday. didn't get a chance to talk to many of you guys, always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Made it back home safe and sound despite the "mystery message" that my DMax 3500HD was throwing me that it was going to shut down because it was out of DEF. A local dealer fixed it while I was at the show on Saturday. Kudos to Kelly GMC if you need service in the Allentown area.

Great show; met and caught up with lots of folks. Farmer52 and I went out to dinner last night and had a good visit. Thanks to Denny and Ruth Ann for the low calorie treats they served.

I think I was the only one in the group to actually get stuck. A little tug from a 4x4 pick up and all was well.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!