2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

Whoever checks into the park needs to let the rest of us know what the grounds are like. If it is as muddy as I think it will be I'm leaving the truck at home. I'll just drive up to enjoy the show on Friday.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Whoever checks into the park needs to let the rest of us know what the grounds are like. If it is as muddy as I think it will be I'm leaving the truck at home. I'll just drive up to enjoy the show on Friday.

Bring the dam truck I will help you unload on Friday !

Any updates on ground conditions?

I just got off the phone with Farmer52, he's checking into his hotel and then going to run down there and check the scene out. I suspect Doug Maney and other members of ATCA are there and assessing the situation.

FWIW, I live about 20 miles from Macungie. It has rained about 5-10 inches of rain over the last week and a half or so- with more to come this afternoon (they are saying 1-3" total today.....) so you can imagine that the ground is super saturated. It might look dry on the surface by Friday afternoon but I suspect under the surface it's a quagmire. But then again I am not a geotechnical engineer by any definition of the word- it could be very well draining soil for all I know. I do know that Friday is supposed to be nice weather, and Saturday is supposed to be downright gorgeous, so take it for what its worth..

PS- if anyone gets stuck and you have adequate chain I will of course assist with the FWD Tow-Firetruck.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

According to WeatherBug they have had about 1" of rain today. Two things concern me: I don't want to cover the truck with mud that I'll have to spend a couple of days getting back off and I don't want to tear up the park forcing ATCA to cover the repair costs again. There is always next year.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

LOCK UP THE WOMEN AND KIDS.....farmer is in town! As Randy (FWD) stated I am in the hotel and thought I would check BMT before driving to Macungie. It rained an inch at the home farm this morning. I waited until 8a to leave and did not have any rain the whole drive. The turnpike was wet in spots but no falling moisture. I will write more about my trip in my Great Dane Trailer thread. But in a nutshell.... :twothumbsup:

I am in agreement with Carl - I don't want to tear up the grounds and also not anxious about cleaning mud off my truck/trailer.

P.S. Denny - you and I will have a little chat about sideways pics. :whistling: I thought you owned a U model motorhome and it fell on its left side.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Just came back from Macungie. Dropped the U700 off (Shhhhhhh, don't tell Vinny) It was raining hard, but on the way back sun came out. Passed Ray (MHE9) headed northbound.

Dave, Vinny is a young whipper snapper and has excellent eyesight. Not like us old duffers. Vinny - remember to "quit" before you need glasses. :tease:

• Like 1

Ken

The sun is out here (NJ) so get your butts to the field while you still can! I see there is a big break in the weather for the next couple hours so if you want to get over there before the heavy stuff, now is your chance!

We have arrived and got the bus parked should be good to leave but one other motorhome is stuck and waiting for gound to dry. There are a lot of trucks here and a steady stream of ones arriving. It is clouding up now and rain is forcasted this afternoon. In spite of the weather it is nice to be here so come on over.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

It didn't look so good on my ride up from Philly this morning,but it didn't rain at all when I was at the show.The trucks just keep on coming in all day.Will be back on Saturday.The grounds were pretty wet.Saturday is suppose to be fine.Hope to put some faces to the names from this BB.

Great show so far. Seen Ken, Ben and Son (and daughter), and Baby Mack and his wife. Stopped by Watts and met Barry, bought a shirt. Sandy and I left before the dinner tonight. We wanted to stay but by the time we got done Bullsh*ting eating and get back on the road to come home 2.25 hours, it would have been late. So we headed out, hit the Clinton Station diner on the way back on 78, had a killer Short Rib dinner, now home. Be there by 10am tomorrow!

DON'T FORGET YOUR NAME TAGS AT WATTS!

Oh and here is a teaser - So far, my pick on the litter as of today hands one of the nicest damn trucks there: 1974 Chevy Titan 90 - V12 Detroit!

post-11944-0-28610800-1371259972_thumb.j

post-11944-0-06698000-1371259973_thumb.j

No, hat. That's not what a heart attack looks like. Why do you have that saved on your computer? You should delete it.

Have you ever seen a heart attack vinny? how do you know thats not what it looks like? LOL! I can see him now running around with his camera phone face turning bright red, somebody keep an eye on Vinny dont let him get Heat Stroke out there!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thank you for grabbing a shot of that engine! I was leaving when that truck came in so I could only gawk and drool as it rolled by. Plenty of near perfect GM Heavy trucks on display. There was a really nice Chevy Bison that caught my eye.

I have a few shots of the white Bison as well since its the Chevy equivalent to my General. The owner wasn't around for me to ask some questions.

Great day on Friday! Weather was beautiful and more of the same forecast for Saturday. The grounds are drying nicely. I met alot of BMT members on Friday. Friday night dinner was GREAT! Jay (fixit4162) and Randy (1958FWD) were the big lottery winners, well maybe their wifes were. I am going to spend most of Saturday taking pics of trucks.

Don't forget....BMT group picture at 12Noon at Watt's tent and DCR's coach at 2PM (parked near the Walnut street entrance (south end where the shuttle busses are located).

P.S. Denny (Ruth Ann) - slept in until 5:30A! :o

Ken

Great show so far. Seen Ken, Ben and Son (and daughter), and Baby Mack and his wife. Stopped by Watts and met Barry, bought a shirt. Sandy and I left before the dinner tonight. We wanted to stay but by the time we got done Bullsh*ting eating and get back on the road to come home 2.25 hours, it would have been late. So we headed out, hit the Clinton Station diner on the way back on 78, had a killer Short Rib dinner, now home. Be there by 10am tomorrow!

DON'T FORGET YOUR NAME TAGS AT WATTS!

Oh and here is a teaser - So far, my pick on the litter as of today hands one of the nicest damn trucks there: 1974 Chevy Titan 90 - V12 Detroit!

attachicon.gifTitanPsf.jpg

attachicon.gifTitanV12.jpg

I saw this truck on a trailer yesterday morning heading west on rt. 460 in Va. somewhere between Suffolk and Petersburg. I wondered if they were going to Macungie.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I saw this truck on a trailer yesterday morning heading west on rt. 460 in Va. somewhere between Suffolk and Petersburg. I wondered if they were going to Macungie.

It was being hauled by a Yellow General day cab which was also pretty clean. Looks like the Titan is a fresh restoration. With 0 miles. Tires still have nipples on them.