That Superliner wasn't really a Superliner,but a recabbed RS700.When I saw it listed on OldMacks,I emailed Dennis about it,as I was interested,but told him in no way shape or form was it really a Superliner,as the rame was wrong,VIN was wrong,steering gear location was wrong,etc. I got an email back about how many years he worked for Mack,and he knew this and he knew that and that basically I didn't know what I was talking about.

Ironically,a week later the listing was changed calling it a RS700 with Superliner cab and hood fitted. I really think he's been blinded by $$$$.

Yea i delt with him a few times... Not my cup of tea... Ill just leave it at that.

Oh sweet pictures btw, i really enjoyed them!!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

WOW! not only a bunch of classic Macks,but some nice Chevys too! i like that coupe,and the 61 impala!..........................................Mark

you know 1961 is a rare find anywhere,,,i dont know why,,you never see them,,,even back in the 70,s they were far and few between....that one looks excellant...bob

you know 1961 is a rare find anywhere,,,i dont know why,,you never see them,,,even back in the 70,s they were far and few between....that one looks excellant...bob

Bob,there is a 61 impala sitting in a field near here,looks in real nice shape,all original right down to the hubcaps! best thing is its a four-speed! i have tried to find out who it belongs to,but thers never noboby home at the closest house,if i get i chance i'll see if i can get some pictures......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Bob,there is a 61 impala sitting in a field near here,looks in real nice shape,all original right down to the hubcaps! best thing is its a four-speed! i have tried to find out who it belongs to,but thers never noboby home at the closest house,if i get i chance i'll see if i can get some pictures......................Mark

See about the Allis Chalmers powered bullet holed COE.....:)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Having been extremely interested in the Joe Mustang H-63 since the 70's. I searched for it for years and only discovered a few years ago that you had purchased it. I read the article that you wrote about when you went to pick it up. You said in the article that you had promised Joe that you would make no changes to the truck while he was still alive. So by what I just read, where you had considered changing the cab, I take it that Joe must have passed away. Having never had the opportunity to have seen the truck, I have always wondered how he got that 1693 under the cab.

Joe is still alive and doing well at 98. I visited him this past spring in Honolulu where he lives. Joe wrecked the H model in the early 70's and he had always thought he would change the cab some day. In fact he purchased a cab that was still in the crate to do so but he never got around to it. When I bought the truck he told me the dealer that had the cab but by then the dealer was out of business and who knows what happended to the cab.

The cab is in really bad shape but we decided to save it. Joe is well aware of the work that is being done to the truck and approves of it.

The 1693 modification was well done. The original dog house is raised up about a foot and there is no passenger seat now. Here is a picture of my son Adlar and I with Joe this past spring.

Joe did well for himself and now lives in a condo overlooking the pacific ocean in Honolulu.

post-198-0-72525700-1359265129_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

In the 70's and 80's there were still a few brand new in the crate H model cabs still around, and for years I offered a finders fee to anyone who could locate one for me.

In the early 80's I located one myself in Atlanta, it had been left behind when Bowman moved their terminal on Moreland Ave.and having not run H models in many years they had just left it behind, abandoned. A local scrap yard had picked it up for free but the man who owned the scrap yard wouldn't part with it, So I told him to contact me if he ever changed his mind.

He called me in the early 90's and said he would take $1000 for it as he owned the salvage yard and that the state had purchased his property for the right of way,

Being that he had the crusher there at that time already crushing trucks and cars. I jumped in my pick up hooked up to a rollback pull behind trailer . Not really believing my good fortune( I was willing to give him up to $5000 for it) I. broke a few traffic laws (speedlimits, following to closely), and a few more that I no longer remember

. Arriving in record time, only to be met by an elderly man who seemed to be troubled by something, and as it turned out that something was the H model cab, that much like your H-633 in California, his college educated sons trying to help their elderly father had seen fit to expedite some of the things that they deemed had been there the longest and that had the least value Yes, one of those things was the H-model cab and it had already been run thru the crusher.

In the 70's and 80's there were still a few brand new in the crate H model cabs still around, and for years I offered a finders fee to anyone who could locate one for me.

In the early 80's I located one myself in Atlanta, it had been left behind when Bowman moved their terminal on Moreland Ave.and having not run H models in many years they had just left it behind, abandoned. A local scrap yard had picked it up for free but the man who owned the scrap yard wouldn't part with it, So I told him to contact me if he ever changed his mind.

He called me in the early 90's and said he would take $1000 for it as he owned the salvage yard and that the state had purchased his property for the right of way,

Being that he had the crusher there at that time already crushing trucks and cars. I jumped in my pick up hooked up to a rollback pull behind trailer . Not really believing my good fortune( I was willing to give him up to $5000 for it) I. broke a few traffic laws (speedlimits, following to closely), and a few more that I no longer remember

. Arriving in record time, only to be met by an elderly man who seemed to be troubled by something, and as it turned out that something was the H model cab, that much like your H-633 in California, his college educated sons trying to help their elderly father had seen fit to expedite some of the things that they deemed had been there the longest and that had the least value Yes, one of those things was the H-model cab and it had already been run thru the crusher.

OH NUTS! Sorry to hear that! :thumbsdown:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA