Garage Robbed

41chevy

Nice to see our system caters to thieves and the almighty dollar and not to the law, justice or the victims! The SOB ADA in Nassau County is looking to plea bargain to avoid "WASTING MONEY" on a trial. Says it is quicker and more cost effective. Screwed when my engines were taken, Double screwed when the thief was family and now Royally F'in screwed by the Justice System. And I don't even have any say in the matter. Better off handling matters my self if it happens again.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If the panty waist Ada is gonna give him a slap on the wrist I wouldn't blame you if you took matters into your own hands now. What lessons is he gonna learn by his case being plea bargained down.

That the government will reward you for being a thief and doper and TRY to take my rights to stop them away.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice to see our system caters to thieves and the almighty dollar and not to the law, justice or the victims! The SOB ADA in Nassau County is looking to plea bargain to avoid "WASTING MONEY" on a trial. Says it is quicker and more cost effective. Screwed when my engines were taken, Double screwed when the thief was family and now Royally F'in screwed by the Justice System. And I don't even have any say in the matter. Better off handling matters my self if it happens again.

I'd be tempted to ask that ADA what sort of plea deal he'd be willing to strike with me if something should happen to the lowlife POS thief at the next family get-together....say you were all playing a game of softball and he just happened to walk behind you while you were taking some warm-up swings in the on-deck circle and "accidently" got a knot or twelve on his head....

Would "justice" work both ways? Or would he hold your feet to the fire after letting the thief off the hook?

Or go over the ADA's head and ask the DA if a full page ad in all of the area papers explaining how he's weak on crime might affect his decision whether or not to prosecute....because that ad would be chump change compared to what you lost as a result of the crime perpetrated against you, and he is going to be up for re-election eventually.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yup I would advise the ADA that not only will I scream at the top of my lungs from the tallest building that he is weak on crime, but I will also make sure he knows that his bosses know that all my neighbors WHO VOTE FOR HIS BOSSES will know about it. Hit him where it hurts- at the polls.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Good ideas, couldn't think clear enough to see what the DA says on the deal and the local rags might print. Thanks.

Rowdy I dislike "family" gatherings and most of my surviving family. I don't let people I consider friends come to my house, no less family in fact since I was in the service, I generally dislike and distrust mostly all people I have to tolerate to work. Happier working at my business with mamma, my hounds and some music. Just a typical old style East Ender

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the "plea deal" goes down today. The ADA and DA tell me I have no say in the "deal".

I guess the county will apologize for inconveniencing him and his friend from following their life of crime..

I'm going to have to go to the papers and his opposition to question his departments "tough " stance on crime and punishment.

All cutsy Bull Sh#t...when do I get justice? I want his head on a stack out side my garage as a warning!

If it was in Suffolk County where I live, he would end up on the Road Gang or the Suffolk Jail Farm

P.T.CHESHIRE

Apparently the "plea deal" goes down today. The ADA and DA tell me I have no say in the "deal".

I guess the county will apologize for inconveniencing him and his friend from following their life of crime..

I'm going to have to go to the papers and his opposition to question his departments "tough " stance on crime and punishment.

All cutsy Bull Sh#t...when do I get justice? I want his head on a stack out side my garage as a warning!

If it was in Suffolk County where I live, he would end up on the Road Gang or the Suffolk Jail Farm

Show up in Court at the sentencing and ask to be heard, and voice your displeasure with the Judge. Demand the maximum allowable sentence for whatever they are being charged with. Tell the Judge what the ADA and DA told you about having no say in the matter, and that you are now requesting that HE toss the book at them as hard as he can!!!!

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Show up in Court at the sentencing and ask to be heard, and voice your displeasure with the Judge. Demand the maximum allowable sentence for whatever they are being charged with. Tell the Judge what the ADA and DA told you about having no say in the matter, and that you are now requesting that HE toss the book at them as hard as he can!!!!

Absofrickinlutely!

http://www.ovs.ny.gov/Files/OVS%20Rights%20of%20CV%20booklet%20-%202011.pdf

2. Your Right to be Notified of Judicial

Proceedings:

3. Your Rights During Judicial Proceedings:

5. Your Right to Submit a Victim Impact

Statement:

6. Your Right to Restitution:

...and some conotact info towards the end of the pdf:

Crime Victims' Rights

New York State Office of Victim Services

1-800-247-8035 (victims/claimants only)

Website - http://www.ovs.ny.gov

e-mail - ovsinfo@ovs.ny.gov

Albany (Voice)518-457-8727

(TTY)888-289-9747

Advocacy Unit: 518-485-9104

Buffalo (Voice)716-847-7992

New York City (Voice)718-923-4325

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be the squeakiest wheel they ever heard.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Be there bright and early for his day in court on the 25th. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Armed with the info from Rowdy Rebel, I contacted the lawyer is use in my business and had an on the record request under the Victims Rights Code. It requires me to be notified of all the proceedings 24 hours before they are scheduled and allows me to speak to the court before his sentencing.

When an attorney requests it instead of a "civilian" it is on the record and holds the court liable for violating my right to my day in court. Thanks for the info Rowdy!

Paul

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

If it falls on deaf ears than they won't hear my punishment for him...

P.T.CHESHIRE

Armed with the info from Rowdy Rebel, I contacted the lawyer is use in my business and had an on the record request under the Victims Rights Code. It requires me to be notified of all the proceedings 24 hours before they are scheduled and allows me to speak to the court before his sentencing.

When an attorney requests it instead of a "civilian" it is on the record and holds the court liable for violating my right to my day in court. Thanks for the info Rowdy!

Paul

No prob. 'Bout the only people worse than a thief in my book are a child molester & crooked cops. Letting them think they got away with it only encourages the behavior....gotta make sure they know it is NOT acceptable....and that there are SERIOUS consequences to those sorts of activities.

• Like 1

Paul

Excellent. Best of luck on Monday.

Jim

It's like when I got my first new truck.....ain't gonna sleep all night! Course I don't expect any results from going, except venting on the system and getting my wishes on record. I only have to remember 2 important things...do not swear and don't yell.

P.T.CHESHIRE