Garage Robbed

41chevy

Man, that's no good. Your grandson sounds alot like my little brother. Stole an R model radiator from me and sold it for scrap. Probably got $25 for the thing. It wasn't worth much, but it just so happened I was 19 and in the process of building my first dump truck, and really needed it. I never wanted to shoot somebody so bad my whole life. He, unfortunately, never had to face the music and I fear will never grow up. I'm probably a little young to be giving parental advice, but I'd bust his balls if I were you. The sooner he learns, the better.

Jake

Sorry to hear it was your own grandson that did this. I agree that he needs to learn a lesson, kids these days get away with too much crap. When I was younger proper discipline took precedence over the fear of causing emotional scars. It was a system that worked.

• Like 2

Jim

The little bastard was probably banking on the thought of not getting caught, and if caught, Grandpappy wouldn't prosecute.

Run him through the ringer- as the others have said, it's the only way he'll learn a lesson- because if mommy and daddy have approached you about not pressing charges, then itr's quite apparent that they wont learn him his lesson. Sounds like your son is on board though having told your daughter in law to suck it up.

Even if you had the choice of pressing charges or not, sounds like you may not due to the high value making the theft a high felony.

I'm just sorry this is your own grandson. It only adds salt into the wound.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

It probably wasnt his first rodeo either with this "friend" in the theft biz. I say they started small, got away with it, then moved to some other small time stuff, still got away with it and this was their "big hit". I assume this was a troubled kid and your Son had issues with him in the past? One of two things will happen, 1. The kid will go to jail, get some help, learn his lesson, or 2. The kid isn't going to learn a damn thing from it, get more ideas while in jail, gets out in a few years with new "contacts" and lives a life of crime.

I am sure if they press the two kids, they can find out where the transmission went. They got the motors, you'll get them back too. Lets hope for the best out of this.

You should also let your grandson view this post you created so he can experience what you had to go through and see everyones reaction. You had the right intuition all along though. Sorry to hear about your loss but there will be light at the end of the tunnell.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

It probably wasnt his first rodeo either with this "friend" in the theft biz. I say they started small, got away with it, then moved to some other small time stuff, still got away with it and this was their "big hit". I assume this was a troubled kid and your Son had issues with him in the past? One of two things will happen, 1. The kid will go to jail, get some help, learn his lesson, or 2. The kid isn't going to learn a damn thing from it, get more ideas while in jail, gets out in a few years with new "contacts" and lives a life of crime.

I am sure if they press the two kids, they can find out where the transmission went. They got the motors, you'll get them back too. Lets hope for the best out of this.

2. That's the worst part. Two neighbors (grown men now)but once kids did the same things ie stealing, drugs, and alcohol abuse started out when they about 15 years old. Now they're in there 50's with 95% of their life locked up. They are a career criminals. Sad to say some never learn a lesson but a lesson has to be taught especially with it being your own blood. Sorry for the events the silver lining is the police did their job....well with the pressure you put on them and you recovered some stuff....just my .02

Paul, I'm sorry for you and your family that this event ever happened. The kid doesn't realize how much shit he created,for the whole family. I have told my kids (among other rules),if you get thrown in jail,don't call me (or your mother) we'll just let you sit there and think about it.All you can do is hope you can steer them in the right direction,you know?

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Paul, I'm sorry for you and your family that this event ever happened. The kid doesn't realize how much shit he created,for the whole family. I have told my kids (among other rules),if you get thrown in jail,don't call me (or your mother) we'll just let you sit there and think about it.All you can do is hope you can steer them in the right direction,you know?

My parents would've been the LAST people I'd try calling from lock-up.....MUCH safer to just sit behind bars. :o

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Pop always told me should i end up in jail,not to bother calling him,"you got yer ass in there,you get it out"! so i have managed to stay jail/trouble free for 50 years now!............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I sat down with the family today and started to lay it out, when my son and daughter inlaw laid it out for the boy. He has these choices 1st.You come clean and take what the judge gives you. 2nd. Don't come clean and take what the judge gives you. 3rd Drug rehab and drug testing if you are expecting to come home after your time is served. 4th. No money for you bills. Legal aid or nothing. He's responsible for his lawyer.

My other son and his wife explained how he needs help and understanding...Momma told them bull Sh*t, He's going to get all the help he "needs in the County Jail"

Apparently he's using cocaine and pot to the tune of a few grand a week. I'll never under stand that crap as long as I live. Do not drink, do no do any drugs except aspirin, even when I was in service and it was all over SEA, I never did that stuff.

As a kid both my folks were really tough. Mom from growing up on a farm with 3 sister and 3 brothers and no father and Pop from helping his Mom and Pop raise 4 sisters and 3 brothers during the depression, and 3 1/2 years in combat in WWII gave Pop a slight angry attitude. Took a crap load of beatings for not towing the line as a kid. My kids never got beat but a spanking or a crap load of chores worked well.

As for the recovery of most of my stuff, the police did a lot, but I put a lot of time spreading the word and hitting the Hot Rod, Hemmings, Mopar and HAMB boards, Ebay and Craigs list. The local Junk yards, Engine rebuild shops, Local car clubs, Auto Part stores and Speed shops.

Grandson will never have my trust and never come on any of my property again...don't even want him at my funeral....I swear I'll jump out of my urn and do something nasty to him. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, can you request putting a cover or having the engines wrapped while they are Evedence so they don't get ruined?

They are inside a storage building in the impound lot, I have permission from the chief of detectives to bring out four engine storage cases tomorrow and put the engines and parts in them. The evidence officer will than put a seal on the cases. The Chief of Detectives is a Mopar Addict and is going to ask the ADA if I can take them home as they won't be needed in court.

The charges are Third Degree Theft for items valued at $500 to $75,000. Maximum jail time is 1 to 5 years in Nassau.County jail. Not enough time....put his a$$ in the USMC after his time, it will straighten him out or kill him.. Paul

Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,

Glad to see the chief will allow that. Car/truck guys stick together. I agree once he did his time he should be marched down to the recruiter and join his ass up. That will straighten his ass up and make a man out if him. Teach him to respect and become a productive member of society.

Military might do him some good....but on the other hand, old habits die hard. I've got an uncle who was given the "military or jail" option and chose to do his time in the Navy. He's still to this day dishonest and unworthy of trust.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Military might do him some good....but on the other hand, old habits die hard. I've got an uncle who was given the "military or jail" option and chose to do his time in the Navy. He's still to this day dishonest and unworthy of trust.

Unfortunately this day in age with the cutbacks the Military is facing- they are being ESPECIALLY picky about who they are recruiting, and I have heard from several sources that if a kid has an even slightly tarnished background, chances are they wont take them. With so few slots open, they want the cream of the crop for everything now.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Unfortunately this day in age with the cutbacks the Military is facing- they are being ESPECIALLY picky about who they are recruiting, and I have heard from several sources that if a kid has an even slightly tarnished background, chances are they wont take them. With so few slots open, they want the cream of the crop for everything now.

I know...it's a shame he is a wasted life, one can only hope for an alternate ending.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Had it been me and had it been family, the last called to have been made would have been the police. Family ties are strong where I live and justice would have been served before the cops got called. Just ask my brother in law . I'm just glad you got most of your stuff back . Hopefully those trannies will show up. Good luck