Hendricksons

57 bcr

I remember the second picture of the wrecker from Overdrive,"huffin' henry" stuck with me for some reason,i was an adult before I ever even saw a Hendrickson in person,rare on the East Coast.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Here's a picture that should never have been taken.......I mean, we couldn't find a :mack1: to do this job,that day? Blasphemy !! Anyway it is a Hendrickson hauling a :mack1: so I felt it should be posted. Interesting haul, if anything I guess! I didn't find any switchers this size in my Montville book. Anybody know which model it is? Or was it simply something used by Mack at a plant (hence the Mack lettering). Somebody here will know the answer. Al

Great picture. You must have missed this thread. http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/33657-mack-rail-the-locomotives/ It is a pretty good read. That is probably when they bought the locomotive and brought it home. Mike

BCR I remember tons of those Blue B models for quality carriers coming down from Wisconsin on rt 41 I used to sit on a hillside on rt 41 in gurnee Ill and watch the rigs of the 50's and 60's. Tons of B's and F's. white 9000's emmeryville and freightliner put puts. Glenndenning,Trans American Werner, QC, Olson and olson of greenbay,Spector, Roadway, Norwalk, Dundee, crystal Lake, Meyer, Celli, Bongi Strickland Gateway, LCL,OK, Central Wisconsin and about 100 others

CF

• Like 2

James, I only wish you had a camera back then! Thankfully,Bill Bedell, Ron Adams,Joe Wanchura,Stan Holtzman,Robert Ward,Neil Sherff,David Bontrager and many others did! But you do have an awesome memory! Thanks for sharing! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 weeks later...

I guess they still use "Big Henry" at times. Be tough and expensive to replace something of that size,for sure!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

In the March/April 2014 issue of "Wheels of Time" the book review is on one celebrating 100 years of HENDRICKSON. Looks like a good read. I'll have to get one for my library as they were a common sight around here, up until a few years ago.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did Hendrickson ever use the 48 to 53 Chevy cabs on the trucks?

Found this in my "box o photos" taken around 1940.

HendricksonCOE1940s_zpsaaa35bdf.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I thought so. I have a photo some where of what must be a re cabbed Hendrickson with a 49 to 52 Chevy / GMC cab and a Hendrickson style nose with GMC over the grill. I'll dig it out and post it. Odd looking unit. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE