Hendricksons

57 bcr

• 3 weeks later...

There was a P&H (Harnischfeger) engine plant right in Crystal Lake.Sunrise Cartage & Meyer Bros.(Glenn,Dale,Roger,Edwin) were 2 of the companies that experimented with them,also.Not too reliable from what I've heard.Like you said James,2 stroke diesels.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I know what you mean. Always new what engine was what. Seen one or think I saw one yesterday pulling a dump trailer north of Decatur,Il. Looked over and seen it down a side road. Got the cam and they got caught at a light. Big Blue thing thought it was an old corn binder at first

I was at tractor supply on Saturday and I picked up a copy of wheels of time. The feature article was a real nice spread on Hendrickson. Gave a real good description of the company history. One interesting note was that surprisingly the last Hendrickson truck sold was a 2010 model VT. It looked like similar to the HME. I guess they finally

went under because they just couldn't build a good plastic truck as they were steeped in the steel tradition.

I was at tractor supply on Saturday and I picked up a copy of wheels of time. The feature article was a real nice spread on Hendrickson. Gave a real good description of the company history. One interesting note was that surprisingly the last Hendrickson truck sold was a 2010 model VT. It looked like similar to the HME. I guess they finally

went under because they just couldn't build a good plastic truck as they were steeped in the steel tradition.

Here is the cover truck for this months wheels of time. Took these pics at Iowa 80 Walcott truck show a few years back.

post-13943-0-64027000-1388111014_thumb.j

post-13943-0-99820500-1388111023_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wonder where the big Kraemer Hendrickson's ended up,Jake? My cousin and I had a Kraemer B-60. It had an '84 Wis.plate on it.It was bought at threir auction. I still have the doors,grille,& fenders from it. Cool pics,Jake! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Oh that's cool! Bought a '70's MACK manual(TS442) at an antique store in Baraboo,Wis.,that had an old ad featuring Ed Kraemer & Sons,folded up in it. I think it had a date of '64 on it. Its pretty cool.Shows the fleet,crushers,shops,jobs,and misc. equipment. Al

JakeBrake nice picture. Isn't that a stiffneck rearload Lowboy? If so where could I find one like that today?

I suppose they may be getting hard to find. It seems like they all use detachable gooseneck around here now. I had a chance about 5 years ago to buy one like that but it was a tandem. I passed on it and don't know where it ever went.

Here is an earlier picture of that same Hank,Jake. It had been owned earlier by a wrecker outfit in Lake Zurich,Ill.,Price Gas. This picture was taken after he had sold it to this outfit and they painted it their color. Note the actual picture of "Huffin' Henri"!

Neat Al. I like it just as well not all prettied up! I think those air cleaners out behind the bumper are just cool. I see they kept the wide stripes on the bumper.

• Like 1