B873SX Rebuild Update

I had the same problem under the air cleaner bracket. A hole the size of my palm was above the vent door. I have the pattern for the patch made and just need to make it and burn it in. Some of my bolts were busted off too but some careful application of the flame wrench got the ends out mostly. I have one I need to drill...I'm almost done with all the fender and nose work...man what a mess of stuff to fix up.

Looking good...I hope to splash on some primer and paint once Mother Nature sends a little cooperative heat into New England.

Greg

Just picked up the paint for the interior in spray cans.I had it mixed up about a year ago.As soon as mother nature gives me a few days of above cold as balls temp I will paint the dash,heater,door sills. My wife really gets on my ass if I use the back of the basement for the paint room.She just can't understand old Macks. Will post pic when it's done.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know it has been almost 2 years since I have posted anything about the rebuild of myB87 tractor,but me and my wife have been dealing with our daughter that has had an addiction problem for the past 14 years.It is not something I would wish on even my worst enemy. We have tried just about every rehab that we could find,but until they want the help no amount of money or your time will help.She has finally woke up to the fact of that continuing down the path she was on was the path to death.She has been clean now for over 8 months and it feels like a lifetime.

Now on till the B87,I had her running in the last few weeks for the first time in 3 years it sounded great.I want to drive it out of the shop and will get some pictures of it and post them here.The paint job I put on her I'm not all that thrilled with.Going to get all the mechanical work button up then will most likely repaint her with a single coat and then clear coat it.

• Like 1

Good things take time.  

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hicrop: I am just now seeing this thread for the first time. Where in Philly are you? I was born and raised in Huntingdon Valley.

And I can relate with you about your daughter and the help not working unless they want it. My older sister was a hyporchondriac addicted to prescription pain medications. She had about 10 different Doctors and none of them really knew much about the others and what they were and were not prescribing for her. And if one Doc said no to her, she would just Doctor Shop until she found a yes. My parents and I tried for years to help her but it just didn't take, because in her mind, she had these issues that needed medicines. She died from an overdose back in 2007. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Hope all works out. Hard thing when your kids are involved. Don't help that the doctors push this stuff like candy. Had it happen to a friend. Son o.d. on that crap

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Randy,I am going to test you and see if you have been hanging out at the Tilted Kilt to much.I grow up in Huntington Valley as well.Was only across the cornfield from the Marcucci's.The Flannigan's were up the hill from you,Tinari's greenhouse was across the street.What else do I remember about HV? Officer Hunter of the Lower Moreland PD.,Chuck Hale Gulf station,Ferreri's station across the street.Here's one from the past Liebold Ford.Now do you know who I am,we talked at the Mackfest.

I am sorry to hear about your sister.

On 4/10/2016 at 4:57 PM, hicrop10 said:

Randy,I am going to test you and see if you have been hanging out at the Tilted Kilt to much.I grow up in Huntington Valley as well.Was only across the cornfield from the Marcucci's.The Flannigan's were up the hill from you,Tinari's greenhouse was across the street.What else do I remember about HV? Officer Hunter of the Lower Moreland PD.,Chuck Hale Gulf station,Ferreri's station across the street.Here's one from the past Liebold Ford.Now do you know who I am,we talked at the Mackfest.

I am sorry to hear about your sister.

I vaguely remember speaking with you, and I have to apologize as I do not remember your name. You are thinking of my Grandparents house on Valley Road across from Tinari's. And if you remember Chucks then you have to remember Dad's green/white Hayward F-Model parked there when he was not on the road. And my very first, official (non-under the table pay) job was pumping gas for Billy and Jack, and I would work on and off for Chuck too once in a while towing. Hunter later became the District Judge (died a few years back) and I was in high school with Paul's daughter and his son was 2 classes below me. Small world!!! 

On 4/10/2016 at 4:57 PM, hicrop10 said:

On 4/10/2016 at 5:13 PM, Hobert62 said:

I've seen calendars from this fine establishment I can't blame him if he was.    

39babymack, my father and myself just had lunch there on Saturday after work day at the Mack Museum. I had to make my weekly inspection. 

On 4/12/2016 at 8:45 PM, hicrop10 said:

Randy,I am Mike Durkin.Did you live on the line right above Chuck's.If so I rear ended your mother one rainy night when she was coming out of your driveway.

We lived at 2530 Huntingdon Pike, between Fettersmill Rd and Wynkoop Ave, until 1984 and then down on Anne Street right off Philmont Ave (thats where Mom and Dad still live.) I'm up in Hellertown Pa up by Bethlehem.