Some Superliner Pics.

Go to solution Solved by PC68,

No the van trailer moves our ATHS chapters stuff to shows, the wheelbase is 277".

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

Tell Herbie I'll come down and show you some pointers and running a lowboy.Nothing hard about it,it just like anything.Just got to make sure you have enough chains and binders.It's not like it was back in the good old days,i remember taking D9's with blade and rippers intact and taking them out to Maryland with no chains and binders at all,just put a 12x12 block behind the track.

Yea hope your guys clean the tracks before you pick up  track machines some times it takes me almost an hour to clean  them. I hope it's a hydraulic  detach got my start on a mechanical  detach lots of in and out of the rd with those  must be why I was in better shape when I was younger lol

11 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

Tell Herbie I'll come down and show you some pointers and running a lowboy.Nothing hard about it,it just like anything.Just got to make sure you have enough chains and binders.It's not like it was back in the good old days,i remember taking D9's with blade and rippers intact and taking them out to Maryland with no chains and binders at all,just put a 12x12 block behind the track.

When I was younger I remember seeing a scraper driving down 95.  Was that you guys?  Neat that it could be done back then, probably not anymore lol

10 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Yea hope your guys clean the tracks before you pick up  track machines some times it takes me almost an hour to clean  them. I hope it's a hydraulic  detach got my start on a mechanical  detach lots of in and out of the rd with those  must be why I was in better shape when I was younger lol

Usually the crew using the machine cleans the tracks before they get moved.  Keeps the flow of things nice and smooth.  This truck and the two others all have wetlines for the hydraulic gooseneck.  The 77 R model that used to be on lowboy duty doesn't have a wetline and its old gooseneck with the pony motor is still sitting in the yard.  Just doesn't get used anymore.

• 2 weeks later...